[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard stands his ground.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis takes a different tack. Keeping his head down somewhat submissively and not making eye contact, he plays for time until the rest come with their oil.

"O Dragon, these kobolds, these lizard-men, they call you Mother. You must enjoy a good deal of adulation here. You seem well-spoken, however. Your children, certainly they provide no real challenge to your intellect. You must yearn for news from the surface? Tell us, O Dragon, what is your name? Why do you keep yourself hidden in this place, surely it is not a place for a queen."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
The referee was on the very cusp of trying the Dragon's breath weapon, but what dragon would not respond to such flattery??

[color="Blue"]There is a drawn out pause before the dragon replies.

"You speak most sensibly, Human. Perhaps I will keep you -- If I like the look of you. Come hither where I can cast an eye upon you, and we can be properly acquainted."[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will go thither, but just thither enough that we may cast an eye on one another, hoping it can provide some distraction.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald chafes at the delay in initiating combat but he will give the others a bit more time to return with oil before the fun starts.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Vangelis moves bravely forward to stand in the archway and peer into the dargon's lair while everybody else holds back.

From the archway he spies the full extent of the misty chamber illuminated as it is from above by the orange-ivory cast of the gathering dusk outside. He sees no dragon, at first, however... but then his ear catches the hiss of reptile breath very nearby and he jerks about to find the creature clinging to the stonework overhead, its wings and tail flattened out on the wall and its long neck gliding down so that its awful jaws are dangerously near him.
[/color]

Ref makes a reaction roll to determine how the dragon judges the look of Vangelis... (2d6=5).

Vangelis has a +1 reaction adjustment due to his high charisma, making a result of 6 (which would normally make an uncertain reaction), but the ref already has the dragon in a suspicious frame of mind tipping the result down the scale by one step to a negative reaction...

[color="Blue"]
"You're an ugly thing," hisses the dragon, offended "And you smell like mule carrion! "

It arches its neck into an aggressive position.
[/color]

Vangelis. The dragon intends to attack. There is no surprise on either side. What do you intend to do?

edit: provided more detail on the reaction roll.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis can see little else to try but to swing his weapon at the beast's head.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
As soon as The Herald perceives that combat has been joined, he will race into the fray!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Vangelis swings his mace at the monster just as its head dives forward to make a snapping bite attack, but the two attacks deflect one another and neither is harmed.
[/color]

Initiative is rolled (1d6; Vangelis=5, Dragon=5) and attacks fall simultaneously.

Vangelis swings with his mace (1d20=15) versus the dragon's AC 4 he needs a score of 16, it's a miss (a fighter would have hit!). The dragon's bite attack (1d20=6) is also a miss.

What actions for next round everybody?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

[003] Mother's Lair

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard will join the Herald in armed support for Vangelis.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software