[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
OOC: Is this the direction the Kobolds fled?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
aergraith wrote:OOC: Is this the direction the Kobolds fled?


The kobolds that scattered from the lizard camp fled in all directions. It's impossible to say whether any of them ended up down here or not...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]In the avenue behind them, the remaining company observe a far of lantern spring to life -- a dim yellow glow it seems, in a vast chasm of darkness -- and then proceed out of sight.

All is still for a quiet for a time, with the charmed lizardman's breathing a sputtering, irregular hissss that grates upon the nerves of everyone present.

At length there comes, suddenly and most unexpectedly, several sharp and distinct sniffs. Then a voice, quiet plainly audible, ambles over a long gutteral pharse. Those that know the lizard or kobold tongues recongnise it as saying:

"What are you waiting for, thief? Has courage deserted so soon?"

[/color]

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]At length, there comes suddenly and most unexpectedly, comes several sharp and distinct sniffs. Then a voice, quiet plainly audible, ambles over a long gutteral pharse. Those that know the lizard or kobold tongues recongnise it as saying:

"What are you waiting for, thief? Has courage deserted so soon?"
[/color]

"No thief," The Herald loudly declares in his halting Kobold, "but the Herald of Man stands before you. Tremble in fear before the strong arm of the gods."

The cleric will quickly whisper back over his shoulder toward the party, "A light, for gods sakes!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:59 am

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will strike up a torch.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
Mother's lair is adequately lit by the dusk, so it is only the passageway which is relatively dim.

[color="Blue"]There is a moment of silence from beyond the arches, in which the only discernable sounds are those of Vangelis striking up a torch, and of the lizardman hissing and snorting in the usual manner of its kind.

Then from beyond comes a sudden flurry of moving air and then -- much nearer -- a leathery flapping. Mother might have alighted just the other side of the arch, still out of view. She gives a nearer and more focused sniff of the air before saying in the common tongue: "Come in then, Heraldofman, and bring your friends. I do smell four of them, I thinks. Let us not speak of fear or war, let us instead hold a civil conversation... I promise I won't hurt you."

All this while, the voice seems to be moving from one side of the arches to the other, but never do you spy the wyrm at all.
[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald boldly replies, "If it's conversation you want, I hear you quite clearly from where I stand. I've had my fill of 'hospitality' from the creatures in this place."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:33 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Before The Herald has delivered his speech, a sinuous reptilian neck slides unexpectedly down from above the arch so that the smallish dragon head attached to it gets a good eye-full of the group in the passage before quickly darting back out of view.

"You keep such raggedy company, Heraldofman," sneers the dragon with amusement, "Little wonder that you sulk in the shadows like a thief."

The lizardman snorts and grunts and is generally agitated -- torn between its usual pattern of behaviour and Malaveque's enchantment.
[/color]

At this point you are arranged in a loose line with The Herald at the front, and the other in your former marching order. The passage is 20ft wide, and The Herald is some 30ft or so back from entering the lair. The others are farther back at 5ft intervals.

What now people?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:45 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis moves out of formation and encourage everyone to spread out. Vangelis moves off to the left so as to thwart a breath psattern getting all of us at once.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:55 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]Before The Herald has delivered his speech, a sinuous reptilian neck slides unexpectedly down from above the arch so that the smallish dragon head attached to it gets a good eye-full of the group in the passage before quickly darting back out of view.

"You keep such raggedy company, Heraldofman," sneers the dragon with amusement, "Little wonder that you sulk in the shadows like a thief."[/color]

The Herald laughs mirthlessly. "Who is skulking in the shadows right now before me? Little wonder that your idea of civil conversation is insults thrown from behind your hiding place. You disappoint me, tho' I must wonder why I expected more from your kind in the first place."

Then turning back to the others, again hissing in a low whisper, "If you plan to run, do it now. I'd know who fights at my side before I deliver this worm back to the hells."

OOC: How tall is the arch? In the torchlight, can I determine how sturdy it is? Wondering what it would take to bring it down. Anything nearby, other than The Herald's sturdy shoulder, that I could use to barrel into it?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software