[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:15 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras shares in the happiness to wait for recon.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1480

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
OCC: I'm reading "Note does he fail" as "Nor does he fail"..... I also resist the urge to meta game on color of the reptile.

Tirandir would remain a still as possible taking it all he can see. Getting a general size of the room and position of the horde and guardian. Looking for pillars and other possible areas of cover. Once he has this he would return, if before then any of the party member approach he would quickly raise his hand to warn them to stop, more frantically if they continue. Once back with the group he would let a long sigh and speak in Elven

"Mother is a Dragon I think. Lizardman will be a problem, he will rebel" Then he would quietly describe the room particulars. Finally adding "IF we want the horde Lizardman could draw attention, Jaras and I could hit it at range and flee into this chamber and the rest could lie in wait, perhaps an oil trap....Dangerous for sure."

He then falls silent again. Looking back towards the archway with some unease.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:21 am

[003] Mother's Lair

Zenopus wrote:
Mot says he has no magic left, but does have one remaining flask of oil. But if it's a dragon, it might be a fire-breather and immune to fire. Or not...

Mot speaks Lizardman (per his character sheet), so he will tell Malaveque to tell the Lizardman that Mot is friendly, and then Mot will ask the Lizardman if Mother has a "breath like flames"?

If no one searched the three satchels with the equipment of lizardmen's victims, Mot will then backtrack and look in them for scrolls or other useful items. Perhaps someone should accompany him to keep lookout?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The lizardman hisses and stamps impatiently, and scowls at Mot like a defensive guarddog even though Maleveque calls him friend.

It shakes it alligator head, "No flamessss, no flaamsssses," it seethes.[/color]

The gear at the camp was thoroughly searched during the half hour spent there... alas there were no further scrolls or spell books...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald looks agitated by all of this waiting and discussing.

"Wave your hands, do your tricks, lure it back here... and I will crush its skull! Let's be done with this."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1480

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would give a little snap to fingers and gesture as if "one minute", then move off quickly back to the fallen equipment and double check for oil and or torches. Once that search is done he would head to were he left Dishmab in her silent vigil at the base of the stairs. He would search both bodies quickly for oil and torches, he does remember seeing some on Dishmab. Once these are gathered he would race back to group.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

doctorx wrote:
On hearing the word 'dragon' †delwynn positively runs to assist Tirandir in his search of the other room.

Ever-willing to help as always... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:48 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Tirandir's quick assessment of Mother's lair is that it is an 80ft square chamber. Around the perimeter of the space is 10ft wide isle loosely separated from the interior 60ft square space only by a series of decorative arches... these could possibly provide a modicum of cover at a pinch. The reptile itself is in the center of the space, and is of mule-like proportions -- albeit long and sinuous in form rather than thick-set -- and its myriad scales are a glistering dark, blue-green, hue.[/color]

The referee rolls in secret to determine a number of the dragon's characteristics. Does it speak common (1d10=...)? Is it a spell caster (1d10=...)? Is it asleep (...d6=...)? How many hit points does it have (...d6=...)?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:59 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Tirandir skirts back from the arches after a look to hastily explain his findings, then indicates his intent to return to the fountain room... †delwynn seems rather eager to accompany him, and the pair hasten back into the darkness.[/color]

Tirandir and †delwynn please proceed to thread (004).

[color="Blue"]The remainder of the company are left standing a score paces from the perilous archway. Maleveque's enchanted lizardman is confused by the delay, and it growls and threatens anyone who get near to or looks at Maleveque.

Several of you wonder what might have become of the kobolds that were scattered from the lizardman camp..?
[/color]

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:55 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald will stand impatiently and wait. Somehow, he will resist the urge to tap his foot in frustration and keep as quiet as possible while waiting to see if the party can summon up some oil.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software