[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:37 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
Forward! Into the fray! Solais calls for dragon blood!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will continue to fight the dragon.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
OOC: Ways, was there any response to my earlier post about The Herald examining the stone archway and looking for a way to bring the dragon down from there? See the bold comments below.

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]Before The Herald has delivered his speech, a sinuous reptilian neck slides unexpectedly down from above the arch so that the smallish dragon head attached to it gets a good eye-full of the group in the passage before quickly darting back out of view.

"You keep such raggedy company, Heraldofman," sneers the dragon with amusement, "Little wonder that you sulk in the shadows like a thief."[/color]

The Herald laughs mirthlessly. "Who is skulking in the shadows right now before me? Little wonder that your idea of civil conversation is insults thrown from behind your hiding place. You disappoint me, tho' I must wonder why I expected more from your kind in the first place."

Then turning back to the others, again hissing in a low whisper, "If you plan to run, do it now. I'd know who fights at my side before I deliver this worm back to the hells."

OOC: How tall is the arch? In the torchlight, can I determine how sturdy it is? Wondering what it would take to bring it down. Anything nearby, other than The Herald's sturdy shoulder, that I could use to barrel into it?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
Apologies Sully -- I had answered in my head, just not in fact!

The arches are old and worn stonework, full of pocks and scars, but they will be good and strong for years yet. A shock from a battering ram or catapult shot might bring one down, but a Man's shoulder? Not unless he be a giant could he collapse the arches!

Alas, the passage is free of any battering ram sized logs. You would have to locate on in the swamp outside.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
Sounds like it's gonna be good ol' hand-to-claw combat then.

Hope the guys with the oil show up soon...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Vangelis continues to give battle, with The Herald and Gaspard moving in to support him while the others cower back in the passage way. Maleveque has to convince the extremely agitated lizardman to hold fast.

The Dragon leaps from the stone work with a powerful thrust of its wings, going into a tight backward roll through the air with Gaspard taking a swipe as it takes flight, but only hitting air. Almost immediately after the monster has turned over itself in midair and rushes directly back at Vangelis. The pair exchange blows but once again each is turned on the other's strong armour. But now Vangelis has The Herald in support, and the grim cleric puts a mace blow into the wyrm's ribs.
[/color]

Initiative is rolled (1d6; Vangelis=4, The Herald=1, Gaspard=5, Dragon=4).

Attacks are rolled in order of initiative; Gaspard (1d20=2), followed by the Dragon and Vangelis simultaneously (2d20=2, 2), followed by The Herald (1d20=20!). Only The Herald scores a hit for (1d6=1) 1 hit point.


What next, bold dragon slayers?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald smiles, a terrible grin. Could he actually be enjoying this?

"Enjoy your last moments on this earth, wyrm. The Hells beckon."

He presses the attack.

OOC: Natural 20 and only 1 HP of damage? I think I've found an error in the rulebook... [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis calls to his god and brings his mace down on the creature's brainpan.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard presses his attack, buoyed by the Harald's strike and Vangelis' calls.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

Zenopus wrote:
Mot has a flask of oil - who has a torch?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software