[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:23 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
"Where there is life, there is hope!"

The Herald roars and charges the dragon, mace held high!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
Where there is life there is hope indeed!

[color="Blue"]Mot heeds The Herald's advice and lobs his fiery grenade at the monster as it dives, screeching, at the survivors. The flask explodes on the center of its chest and the beast is momentarily shrouded in flames! But an instant later it clashes again with The Herald, his mace is turned again upon its armour-like scales at the very moment it collides with him, piecing him with its fearsome talons.

Meanwhile in the passageway, the bewildered Lizardman has not the wit to figure out what is going on in the lair, and remains under Maleveque's stay as both Tirandir and †delwynn come dashing back from their fool's errand.
[/color]

Initiative is rolled (1d6; The Herald=3, Dragon=3, Mot=4).

Mot lobs his fiery missile (1d20=19) and it's a good hit! (1d6=4) causing 4 hit points of burning damage.

The Herald attacks with his mace, (1d20=11) but alas it's a miss.

The dragon attacks simultaneously (1d20=12) needing an 11 to hit AC 6, it's a hit. The Herald is destroyed (with only 1 hit point remaining, it isn't necessary to roll for damage).

In the passage outside the lair, the ref rolls a saving throw for the Lizardman (1d20=7) but it hasn't the wit to figure out what is going on.

What next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras awakes from the coma to which he must have succumbed. Seeing the plight of his friends and wasting no time, he finds his bow and lets loose a swift arrow at the terrible beast.

If he can then either find cover and or high-tail it out of there, he will.

(Ooc: I have no idea where he lay in proximity to the action.)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir comes running in from the other side of the room just in time to see, or hear, The Herald stuck with his fatal blow. Tirandir would shake his head and let out a sigh of exasperation, throw his torch aside and positon himself for his first shot at the Dragon.

OOC: Up to you waysoftheearth how long it takes Tirandir to set up but his intention is to start shooting and evading as best as he can. Since he is on the opposite side of the room he should have some space to work with. If I can keep out of range of the breath weapon, great, but at least keeping out of range of the bite is pretty important..... TWANG TWANG (Roll high dang it!)

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

Zenopus wrote:
Mot will throw his last dagger (and last weapon, period) at the dragon. Following that, and assuming he survives the round, his next action will be to retreat back down the passage.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn lets fly with his oil (following it up with Tirandir's torch if the dragon isn't smouldering sufficiently already).

Once this is done (and assuming the scaly monstrosity isn't dead or showing imminent sign of dying) he will decide to cut his losses and beat a hasty retreat surfacewards.

"'Where there's life there's hope.' Let's keep it that way..." he mutters to himself as he scurries away...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
OOC: Alright guys fingers crossed for our last stand :p.....

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:(Ooc: I have no idea where he lay in proximity to the action.)


Apologies if the scenario wasn't clear SMK [img]images/smiley/embarrassed.png[/img]

Your disposition has not changed overly since I last described it http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=dddemo&thread=7886&page=2#104966here.

Here is a mud map, if it helps any:

..........................................
...........##############################.
...........#............................#.
...........#............................#.
...........#.....+...+...+...+...+......#.
...........#...+....................+...#.
...........#............................#.
############...+....................+...#.
Lm....j.....M........D..................#.
...A.t.........+....X..X............+...#.
############..........X.................#.
...........#...+....................+...#.
...........#............................#.
...........#...+....................+...#.
...........#.....+...+...+...+...+......#.
...........#............................#.
..N........#............................#.
.W+E.......##############################.
..S.......................................
.
M Mot
j Jaras
t Tirandir
A †delwynn
m Malaveque
L Lizardman
D Dragon
X Bodies
+ pillars/arches
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
OOC: Thanks for the map [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img] I thought we were in the outer room... This is really not the best place for the hit and run fight I had hoped. But, onward! If the Dragon starts coming our way I'm heading West obviously....

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 am

[003] Mother's Lair

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
(ooc)
waysoftheearth wrote:Apologies if the scenario wasn't clear SMK [img]images/smiley/embarrassed.png[/img]

Your disposition has not changed overly since I last described it


Ah! The map makes it much clearer in my muddled, inattentive head! Thank you! Apology is all mine considered I had basically "checked out" for a couple weeks there. A lot of personal issues and general busyness. :-P (/ooc)

Jaras continues with his stated actions. He will shoot an arrow as strong and true as he can, and likely then turn and run, depending on the outcome of our attacks.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software