[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Freed from the muddy pit, and more hungry for revenge than mere sustenance, The Herald leads whatever members of the rag-tag company are willing to follow him toward the opposite end of the dark chamber.

The chamber is much longer than imagined, however, and soon your perception of it changes from "chamber" to "avenue" -- for the lizard camp vanishes into darkness behind you long before you encounter anything noteworthy.

The uneven, muddy flagstone floor continues flanked by the daunting arched walls -- these just visible to either side as the company traverses the route. Fortunately, Malaveque is able to exact confirmation from his lizard companion that this is the right way, else you would begin to have doubts.

After traversing some two-score paces a broad stair (covering the full 60ft width of the avenue) descends a dozen steps before the wide passage continues on for a like distance. Only then do you spy a great arch ahead, and a dim ivory illumination behind it... it could be that shafts of dusk-light from the outside world penetrate even here?

A faintly unpleasant odour carries up the passage.

"Motherrrr," hisses the lizardman reverently, in the reptilian tongue.
[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1463

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would follow The Herald a pace or two back with arrow ready. By the time the party gets down the short stairs and can see the archway he would be ready to take a look. If the others seem unwilling to go on, Tirandir would happily sneak forward quietly......

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 am

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:Tirandir would follow The Herald a pace or two back with arrow ready. By the time the party gets down the short stairs and can see the archway he would be ready to take a look. If the others seem unwilling to go on, Tirandir would happily sneak forward quietly......

-Mike

The Herald hasn't yet entered into any battle fury, so he's willing to let Tirandir scout ahead and identify their foes, while the rest of the party forms up behind him.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 am

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will wait for Tirandir to go a reasonable distance, at least starting down the stairs, before going down himself, trying to step wherever Tirandir has already safely stepped, mace and shield at the ready. He has no problem being behind The Herald, but gives The Herald a bit of extra space, given his recent situation and possibility of revenge taking over.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:36 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

rleduc wrote:
Malaveque makes his way towards the back third but not the rear. He needs to keep a fighter or two near enough to the lizardman. When fighting breaks out, he'll make haste for the rear and ready his staff.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
(ooc) Has Jaras recovered any hit points thus far?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:03 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:(ooc) Has Jaras recovered any hit points thus far?


Let us assume that while everyone else rescued The Herald from his plight, and sorted through the captured gear, and donned armour and so on, Jaras caught just enough rest to restore 1 hit point (this requires the consumption of refreshments and the best part of a full hour of rest).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Tirandir leaves his fellows and the enchanted lizardman a dozen paces back in the dim avenue as he creeps ahead toward the arch.

The lizardman hisses and snorts in irritation at the delay, grunting "Mothhherrr, motthhhherrrr," in its slithering tongue.

Ahead, Tirandir reaches the arches where he notes the acrid tang on the air is distinctly sharper. Beyond the pair of archways is a misty chamber, illuminated eerily by the last reach of dusk which filters down from a great swampy breach in the ceiling, high overhead. Long tendrils of the vegetation hang low into the muggy chamber like a curtain, and a carpet of mist clings about the ground.

Despite all this Tirandir does not fail to note the glitter of many silver coins, nor the glamour of sparkling gems and precious things wrought of metals. Nor does he fail to see the winged reptile sprawled atop the misty hoard...
[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald grows tired of waiting and moves forward after the scout. He takes care to be as quiet as he can, though.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:30 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis is happy to wait for the scout!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Next

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software