[002] Dark Arches


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 am

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
rleduc wrote:Malaveque smiles warmly at the lizardman, and encourages him to point out other living men in pits and which direction others of his kind may be found.


In what tongue does Malaveque attempt to communicate with the Lizardman?

p.s. I not on your character sheet you say:
Elvish, Gnoll, Hobgoblin, orc, Chaotic alignment, Common, (and 7 more? TBA soon)


But in fact, Malaveque knows a total of 7 languages.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:31 am

[002] Dark Arches

rleduc wrote:
Hmm. Start with common, since the kobold seemed to have a little. I don't think I chose my languages, not having a list, but as an elf with high intelligence it seems from the rules that I'd have plenty to try (I'm happy if they are assigned randomly at this point). If not, then I'd be reduced to what could be communicated through sign language.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:33 am

[002] Dark Arches

rleduc wrote:
Missed your ps. I thought I had some for being an elf plus others for IQ. Common, then Chaotic, I guess, and try down the list from there.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
Oket, let's assume then that Malaveque knows (1) Elvish, (2) Chaotic, (3) Common, (4) Gnoll, (5) Hobgoblin, (6) Orc, and (7) Kobold.

Ref rolls to determine with the lizardman knows common (1d10=4; so he does not). However, kobold and lizard man must be closely related tongues, so Maleveque is able to communicate in that reptilian way.

The enchanted lizardman has an intelligence similar to a domestic cat. It moves protectively between Maleveque and his fellows, and scowls threateningly at anyone who gets too near, or even looks at him.

It doesn't seem to understand the concept of numbers or counting, or even of captives. However, with a little searching it quickly becomes apparent that there are three "larder" pits, but only one of them yet contains any captive. Apparently, everyone else has been eaten already.

As far as directions, the lizard is able to grunt "Mother, Mother..." and point toward the dark, far end of the chamber.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 am

[002] Dark Arches

rleduc wrote:
"Ah, Brethren," Malaveque obsequiously purrs, "the brood mother is likely at the far end of the chamber. Look lively, then!".

Malaveque then enquires of his erstwhile lizard friend whether the lizard folk have any coin (using an example) or bright shinies for trade.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm

[002] Dark Arches

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard calls down to the Herald of Man "I carry no rope myself... perhaps one of my fellows-in-arms can be of assistance." Gaspard then tries to organize some sort of rescue effort.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:04 pm

[002] Dark Arches

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras can offer his 25' of rope, he's down in strength and ability to defend himself at only 1hp. He's in dire need of rest and/or healing.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:11 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Gaspard gains rope from Jaras the halfling and lowers it down to The Herald, who is the able to clamber awkwardly from the muddy pit.

Once atop he spies a motley crew of the Gray Heart's most misfit men (and others), no doubt sent to rescue him and his fellows. But what's this? Their seems to be a foul reptile in league with them!

Meanwhile, Tirandir stabs each of the sleeping lizardmen through the eye with his short sword, slaying them abruptly. The enchanted lizardman is not unaware of this murder, being in the immediate vicinity of it, and rolls an additional saving throw (1d20=14) but is unperturbed. It never much like the other lizards anyway; a hint of a cruel smile twists its awful mouth.

Jaras takes what comfort he can find in this grim place, sitting himself down upon a stone to rummage through his meager supplies and drain his waterskin.
[/color]

What now gentlemen?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:22 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:(OOC: I'm not visualizing the layout well at present)


That is kind of appropriate in the underdark...

The company is in a long wide chamber that must have once been a great plaza but now it is a sunken, filthy ruin. An impressive series of decorative stone arches run all around the walls.

The only actual opening you know of are the two arches you entered by which are roughly in the center of one of the long walls -- some 80ft or so from the lizard camp.

The lizardcamp, cookpot and pits was at the far back-left corner of the chamber (as you entered).

The opposite end of the chamber is unexplored.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16191

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:26 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
rleduc wrote:Malaveque then enquires of his erstwhile lizard friend whether the lizard folk have any coin (using an example) or bright shinies for trade.


The lizardman hisses a reply that Mother has many like the coin Malaveque shows. He suggests that Malaveque should give his coins to Mother.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software