[002] Dark Arches


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 1448

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm

[002] Dark Arches

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would clean his sword up and put it away, recover his Longbow and nock an Arrow. Give the the "camp" area a quick once over, just a gentle kick here and there to see if there are any obvious valuables. He would cast an eye about for the other party members pausing to inspect Jaras, shaking his head he would give the hobbit a frown. He would hesitant as if trying to decide what to do then moving as quietly as possible towards the unexplored area of the room ready to shoot anything that appears....

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:09 am

[002] Dark Arches

rleduc wrote:
Malaveque smiles at his lizard companion. "Does she now, eh? Lads, my lizard friend says that Mother has many coins such as these and would gladly take ours if we care to offer them. I expect she would make us most welcome, so we should offer our best hospitality."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 am

[002] Dark Arches

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]Gaspard gains rope from Jaras the halfling and lowers it down to The Herald, who is the able to clamber awkwardly from the muddy pit.

Once atop he spies a motley crew of the Gray Heart's most misfit men (and others), no doubt sent to rescue him and his fellows. But what's this? Their seems to be a foul reptile in league with them!
[/color]

"What is the meaning of this? Do you mean to tell me you Gray Heart boys are accepting sub-humans in your ranks?"

waysoftheearth wrote:[color="Blue"]Meanwhile, Tirandir stabs each of the sleeping lizardmen through the eye with his short sword, slaying them abruptly.[/color]

"Oh. Right then. Carry on."

The Herald will look about to see if he can find his gear. Failing that, he'll make do with whatever sort of weapon and shield he can scavenge from fallen foes.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 am

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
sulldawga wrote:The Herald will look about to see if he can find his gear. Failing that, he'll make do with whatever sort of weapon and shield he can scavenge from fallen foes.


His gear (or a close approximation of it made up from goodies that belonged to half a dozen other outriders) is found in a muddy pile behind the cook pot. There are extra hand axes, spears, a shield, two sets of leather armour, a helmet, and three well worn satchels. All the edible supplies have been consumed by the lizards, however.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm

[002] Dark Arches

sulldawga wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:His gear (or a close approximation of it made up from goodies that belonged to half a dozen other outriders) is found in a muddy pile behind the cook pot. There are extra hand axes, spears, a shield, two sets of leather armour, a helmet, and three well worn satchels. All the edible supplies have been consumed by the lizards, however.

Is Solais there? The Herald will be in even a fouler mood should his beloved mace be missing.

If his original gear is there, plus what you listed above, The Herald will also grab the extra shield. If what you list is all that's there, he will salvage the leather, shield, and helmet. He'll take the spear and break the head off for a makeshift staff, unless there's something else around that looks like it would make a better club.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Herald's mace and other gear are all present. The other stuff I listed is extra -- former property of now deceased outriders.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 pm

[002] Dark Arches

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard eyes the spare set of leather armor greedily. "Waste not..." he says.

If the Harald hasn't taken all the shields present, Gaspard will put away his sling and grab the spare.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 pm

[002] Dark Arches

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras wonders if there would be anything of use to a stout Hobbit?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 pm

[002] Dark Arches

sulldawga wrote:
verhaden wrote:Gaspard
If the Harald hasn't taken all the shields present, Gaspard will put away his sling and grab the spare.

The Herald will look at Gaspard, note that he is first and foremost human, then see he's a Man of Faith and of Law, and will gladly turn over the extra shield to him.

"Take it, my friend. I have my own sturdy bulwark, and you are in need."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Herald gathers his precious mace and other goodies, and one set of leather armour and the shield are taken by Gaspard -- nobody thinks too much about the ill fate which befell their previous owners!

Alas, the other set of leather armour is too large for a Halfling, but the helm and one of the hand-axes would serve him well.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software