[002] Dark Arches


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:56 pm

[002] Dark Arches

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
(ooc) I mean he wants to save his skin, but look cool doing it. [img]images/smiley/eyesroll.png[/img] (/ooc)

If in immediate danger he will attack defensively, otherwise, retreat with as much stealth as possible.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm

[002] Dark Arches

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis will step out from behind the archway to intercede between the nearest retreating member and his foe, attacking with his mace.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile...

[color="Blue"]
Almost a week ago, The Herald had the great misfortune to be on a regular outrider patrol when it was ambushed by lizardmen. Since then, he and the other captured outriders have been kept captive in miserable, dark, wet, muddy pits below the lizardman kitchen. Each day one or two of his fellows have been pulled up from the pits to be eaten. It has been a harrowing experience and he has developed a keen hatred of the lizard types.

By his rudimentary understanding of the kobold tongue, The Herald has learned from the chatter of the reptile underlings that the supreme leader of this tribe (revered in an almost god-like fashion) is a figure known as "Mother". She always seems to be hungry, and has no doubt eaten half of the captured outriders herself.

Right now, The Herald is alone in his muddy pit (though there are other pits nearby). His prayers must have been answered, for all of a sudden he hears a great commotion and the sounds of fighting...
[/color]

The Herald has none of his gear, and is cold, muddy and half-starved in a 10ft deep mud pit. It is open, but impossible to clamber out due to the slick, muddy walls.

Your adventure begins now!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:(ooc) I mean he wants to save his skin, but look cool doing it. [img]images/smiley/eyesroll.png[/img] (/ooc)

If in immediate danger he will attack defensively, otherwise, retreat with as much stealth as possible.


Jaras is in melee combat with a furious, 7ft tall lizardman. Danger doesn't get much more "immediate" than that!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:25 am

[002] Dark Arches

sulldawga wrote:
From the depths of his muddy prison, The Herald never lost faith. He knew that the Gods were testing his strength of will, and he remained patient and vigilant. His time is now!

The cleric will shout at the top of his lungs, hoping his rescuers will hear him.

"Friends of Man! Lower me a rope and let me help you slay these foes!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 am

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
No particular instructions are forthcoming from Mot or Gaspard [img]images/smiley/sad.png[/img] but melee combat is fast and furious and waits for no man...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Despite the majority of the reptiles succumbing to †delwynn's sorcery, the remaining pair press their attack, and Jaras is left exposed against two enemies twice his height. The halfling (wisely) chooses to take evasive action as Vangelis shoulders through his fellows to boldy enter the melee and immediately cracks the twice wounded lizardman's skull open with his mace. Tirandir too joins in the melee but his efforts are futile for Malaveque ensorcels the last reptile before any further harm is done.

Suddenly there is quiet but for the fitful snorts and hisses of the sleeping reptiles, and a hailing voice requesting aid from the dark.
[/color]


The referee rolls a morale check for the lizardmen seeing that three quarters of them apparently just dropped dead (2d6=10) but the lizards are too stupid to realise they are in trouble, and continue their attack.

Tirandir will join last, as he has to stow his bow, draw his shortsword, and then charge into combat. Jaras is fighting defensively (meaning the enemy will be -4 to hit him) so won't attack. Initiative is otherwise rolled (1d6; Vangelis=4, Lizards=1).

Jaras keeps them busy with his dodging and weaving until Vangelis joins the fray, and attacks (1d20=14) and hits (1d6=3) and smashes the skull of the twice wounded lizard.

The other lizard man then attacks (1-3=jaras, 4-6=vangelis; 1d6=4) Vangelis (1d20=4) but misses. Tirandir appears at the last moment and attacks (1d20=5) but also misses.

Malaveque reads his scroll of charm person against the remaining lizard, and it takes a saving throw (1d20=5) and fails; it comes completely under Maleveque's influence.

That about cover it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:26 pm

[002] Dark Arches

waysoftheearth wrote:
What now people?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1490

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 pm

[002] Dark Arches

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would draw back once he sees the Lizardman's eyes going "swirly". After a few heartbeats he would glance back at Malaveque, smile, then gesturing as if shoo'ing him and the lizardman off, with a extra head nod towards the sleepers and the old "line across the throat".

Once things seem under control Tirandir would inspect the dead Lizardmen, testing his shortsword against it's throat and pushing the blade through the eyesocket. With this first hand knowledge he would move off towards the sleepers. The Kobold would be the first killed because it is relatively simple. The Lizardmen would be next and if the throats seems too tough he would use his shortsword to pierce the brian through the eye socket. Dirty work but better safe then sorry at this point.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16390

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 pm

[002] Dark Arches

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn steps from cover, all smiles and smugness once again. He saunters across to the sleeping lizard folk and sets about assisting Tirandir in ensuring they never wake up again. He is humming quietly to himself, inspecting the increasing number of lizard man corpses and quietly muttering something about "boots" under his breath...

"Does someone want to see about that noisy fellow yonder before his cries awaken our playmates here?" he remarks quietly to no-one in particular...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software