[001] The Undervaults


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:48 am

[001] The Undervaults

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir give a startled curse followed by a short laugh when he realizes it's more members of the Grey Hart. Seeing as this need to end before anymore deaths occur Tirandir will make room for those descending, recognizing that both a magi he would point to the kobolds massed with his bow and then YAWN and make sleepy noises. Then he would move quickly to the first location that gives him a clear shot at a kobold. He assumes that after he lets fly he will be engaged so he has an eye on trying to keep a exit strategy in mind.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 am

[001] The Undervaults

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
Dramorian will continue to attack, either melee if a target enters his zone of control or missile fire with a throwing dagger if not. He will continue to protect his withdrawing comrades as he himself also moves toward the stairs.

Spaz darts around his master, nipping a yapping in an attempt to distract anyone attacking Dram.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 am

[001] The Undervaults

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis, foolishly emboldened by his success so far, thrusts with his shield to shove the kobolds back and tries with his mace to end the life of the one he already wounded, watching Dramorian and Spaz to gauge his chances.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 am

[001] The Undervaults

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras, continues to back away towards the stairs with his dagger and torch held as menacingly as his rotund figure can muster. He will attack any who venture too close, but has the safety of fresh support on his mind.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:15 am

[001] The Undervaults

rleduc wrote:
{unsure how target selection works for sleep in the game. If Malaveque can sleep the majority of the kobolds without getting any friendlies, he'll do it (from the memorized spell). Otherwise, he'll double-up next to a fighter and try to support attacks with his staff from the second rank, if possible}

ETA: pursuant to rules clarification, Malaveque stands on the stairs behind any reforming mercenaries and casts sleep upon the kobold farthest from the stairs.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:56 am

[001] The Undervaults

Zenopus wrote:
Mot thanks the gods for his amazing luck and considers becoming a cleric.

He will cast Charm Person on the closest unwounded Kobold, and then ask the Kobold to please protect him from harm.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 pm

[001] The Undervaults

doctorx wrote:
"Are we keeping you up, dear boy?" asks †delwynn of Tirandir with an arched eyebrow.

He is content to let Malavque work his magic for now - no sense on expending two enchantments on these ghastly little rat-men. He slides his dagger from its sheath and keeps a watch on the rear, throwing in the occasional encouraging; "Oh, well hit, sir! Bravo!" or "Ha-hah! Didn't like that, did you?" or "Watch out for that one! Whoops - too late!" as the melee unfolds.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:54 pm

[001] The Undervaults

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Despite a perfectly reasonable inclination towards self-preservation, Gaspard will attempt assist the fellow cleric Vangelis against the hoard of kobolds, after seeing him swarmed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:07 am

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The kobolds seems fearless, and the misty melee continues! The lizard-kin press the company right back to the foot of the stair amid the churning mist and slashing water.

jaras slips back behind the bigger men, allowing them more room to fight. Vangelis finishes the creep that he previously injured with a satisfying thump of his mace, and the junkyard mutt Spaz now jumps a kobold and -- getting a fangy hold around it neck -- rides it down into the mist and water and rips its throat out!

Meanwhile Mot works his magic and successfully ensorcells one of the near kobolds, preventing it from attacking, but there are five others who are not restricted, and these stab, smash, jab and thrash upon the company, driving them right back to the foot of the stair. Poor Spaz the guard dog is brained from behind, but the other fighters fend off the attacks resolutely.

And then Malaveque's sleep spell falls, and the melee is immediately ended. All the kobolds, as well as Dramorian, Vangelis, Gaspard and Mot drop soundlessly into the mist...

Only Aedelwynn, Malaveque, Tirandir and Jaras are left standing to observe this bizarre occurence.
[/color]


Mechanics:

One kobold was slain and another wounded last round, so eight remain. With the arrival of Malaveque and Aedelwynn they no longer outnumber the opposition. The referee decides this is enough to call for a morale check... (2d6=11, a very positive result) the kobolds are fierce and hungry for revenge! They push on aggressively now, emboldened by their earlier success.

Initiative is checked (1d6; malaveque=1, mot=3, jaras=5, dramorian=2(-1), spaz=6, vangelis=6, gaspard=5, kobolds=2).

Jaras wins the initiative, and so safely withdraws from the melee. Vangelis, Gaspard and Spaz pummel the enemy with their attacks (3d20=17, 8, 20).

Vangelis hits for (1d6=3) 3 hit points, slaying the previously injured kobold.
Spaz hits for (1d6=6) 6 hit points, slaying another enemy.
Gaspard misses, requiring a roll of 11+ to hit even AC 9.

Next, Mot works his charm person spell at the nearest Kobold. It makes a saving throw versus spells (1d20=14) but as a 1st level fighter requires a 16+ to save, it fails, and comes completely under Mot's influence.

The 5 remaining kobolds now deliver their attacks against randomised targets among those available:

Aedelwynn, Malaveque, and Tirandir are a few steps up the stair, and Mot and Jaras are behind the defensive line, so all are ineligible. Dramorian, Spaz, Vangelis and Gaspard are in the thick of it.

Targets are determined: (dramorian=1, spaz=2, vangelis=3, gaspard=4, 5d4=2, 2, 3, 4, 1) so two attacks are aimed at the dog, and one each at Dram, Vangelis and Gaspard.

Attack rolls versus Spaz; 2d20=13, 7, Spaz is hit once for (1d6=4) 4 hit points, and [color="Red"]Spaz is brained[/color]!
Attack roll versus Dram; 1d20=2
Attack roll versus Vangelis; 1d20=5
Attack roll versus Gaspard; 1d20=4

Now Malaveque's sleep spell goes off and affects (3d6=3,5,4) 12 HD worth of subjects. Sleep is indescriminant and so will affect friend and foe alike.

There are 5 active Kobolds, plus 1 unconscious kobold and 1 charmed by Mot. These are 1/2 HD monsters, so each soak 1 HD each from Malaveque's sleep spell.

Dramorian is 1+3 HD, so soaks 2 HD, Vangelis and Gaspard soak 1 HD each, Jaras is next nearest, but he is 1+2 HD so would soak 2 HD and there is only 1 HD worth of sleep left to be allocated so he is unaffected. Mot is the next nearest and is only 1 HD, so he too falls asleep.

Malaveque's spell sends the following into a slumber: 7 Kobolds, Dramorian, Vangelis, Gaspard, and Mot.

Left standing on/around the stair are: Aedelwynn, Malaveque, Tirandir and Jaras.

At the same moment, Dramorian attacks (1d20=3) but he is already falling into a slumber before his blow lands.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 am

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
Aedelwynn, Malaveque, Tirandir and Jaras, you are free to act.

The others are asleep in the 2in of water... and the mist is beginning to roll back over them.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software