[001] The Undervaults


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 am

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The company descends the narrow stair cautiously, abandoning what remains of the grey autumn light above and plunging themselves into cool, steamy darkness... The stair is steep and narrow. Its stones are pocked by ages of dripping water and loose and muddy with searching roots and tunneling vermin.

It takes a few minutes for eyes to adjust to the ocher glare of burning torches, but before the descent counts twenty steps it ends and the company enter into a broad, but claustrophobic chamber.

Cool vapours seep down the stair from the mire above to swirl about the floor, an additional tide of it pushed ahead of you and out into the dark like a blanket. Water too, drips incessantly down the stair and walls, and from the ceiling too, dispatching frequent echoes. Where the stone floor can been seen through the slowly curling mist, it is uneven and waterlogged.

The full dimensions of the chamber are not yet evident, but the central space is dominated by a great circular bowl of crumbling stone around a bulky column of disfigured stonework choked by pale roots and creepers. A far wall can scarcely be made out in the gloom beyond this work, perhaps 60ft away... [/color]


What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 am

[001] The Undervaults

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis says, [color="Purple"]"This mist is thicker than that gruel they've been serving up lately. Come to think of it, that's not saying much. What do you all say, maybe we should circumambulate the room and establish where the exits are?"[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 am

[001] The Undervaults

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
Dram's hackles rose as he surveyed the room. War, he understood. Kill or be killed, that was simple. But this? After hesitating for the blink of an eye, he stepped into the room. The lure of gold and jewelry was strong than the preternatural warnings of his primal brain. A near imperceptible flick of his finger and Spaz took up station at the stair they just came down, his watchful eyes looking up the way they came.

Noting Vangelis's lit torch, Dramorian nods tacit agreement to his comrade's suggestion and, with a jerk of his chin, indicates they set off to the left along the room's perimeter. Loosening his sword in its sheath and with Vangelis and the light source behind him, he sets off.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

[001] The Undervaults

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Javas, as one of the torch bearers, reaches the bottom of the stairs and moves towards the right. He wishes dearly that his elvish foster-kin passed on not only their beloved waybread, but their keen eyes for times like this. " His right hand grabbing firmly to his unsheathed dagger, he lifts the torch as high as he can without losing footing. A funny sight to behold. Always ready to serve, without speaking he waits the leadership of others.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:33 am

[001] The Undervaults

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard wanders over to the column of disfigured stonework, and peers at it from a few angles trying to discern what it could have possibly been.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1468

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 pm

[001] The Undervaults

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would release a few nervous giggles then take a few cautious step towards the center of the room. Arrow half drawn ready to shoot. Scanning and listening for signs of life.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 3/6, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 pm

[001] The Undervaults

ehiker133 wrote:
Firas descends the stairs, watching those ahead of him with a shake of his head. Some move left while others go straight or split off to the right, even.

[color="Blue"]"Stick together!"[/color] he hisses in the quiet subterranean air. He will provide light for the group moving left.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]Having entered first, Mab then waits for the others to arrive, allowing Firas, Vangelis and Jaras to bring their light giving torches.

One all are present Dram sets Spaz the guard dog on the stair, and then makes a way cautiously along the wall to his left, followed by Vangelis with his sputtering torch. Javas and Firas position themselves (and their torches) to the right of the entry as the others slowly begin to move into the dark, wet room, their feet disturbing the mist and an inch of standing water.

Tirandir scans the dark for any living thing, but there is aught but his own company and the gradually churning mist and dripping water that moves.

Gaspard moves purposefully toward the overgrown column in the center of the room, dragging a wake of mist and water with him. The rocky artifact must have been a carving or statue of some sort, but now roots and creepers hanging through the ceiling partially cover it. Gaspard sidles somewhat left to get a better look at it... what is it, a trio or men holding something up..? or are they winged..?
[/color]

(Roll to determine whether or not a trap is sprung; 1d6=1 so it is).

[color="Blue"]With a sudden gasp and splash, Gaspard unwittingly steps into a depth of cold water!

By the time everyone looks around he has completely vanished from sight. The only indication he might have been present at all is an area of more agitated mist some 10ft from the central column, that seems to have swallowed Gaspard entire!
[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

[001] The Undervaults

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
Clad as he is in metal armor, Dram will wait for someone else to jump in the water to help his friend. He is not inactive however. Dram takes a knee as close to the edge of the water as he can get and begins rummaging in his backpack for his 100 foot coil of rope. It is his intention to throw it to his foundering friend.

"Watch our backs!" he calls to the other fighters.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:23 pm

[001] The Undervaults

Zenopus wrote:
If Mot can swim, he will pull off his pack and thrust it into the hands of the nearest companion and jump into the water to search for Gaspard. He is wearing no armor, and has STR 13 so if he can swim he should be a decent swimmer.

If he can't swim, he will probe forward with his 10' pole until he comes to a drop-off, and then lower the pole downward into the water in hopes that Gaspard can grab onto it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Next

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software