[001] The Undervaults


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 am

[001] The Undervaults

rleduc wrote:
Malaveque sighs at the annoyance and begins to shake his compatriots awake, beginning with the nearest so as to get them to help with the rest. He will have a dagger drawn and will slay kobolds as they happen to be along his path, but he will not divert from waking the others to do so. If he knows which kobold was charmed, he'll let that one live.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:04 pm

[001] The Undervaults

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
Dram, "Zzzzzzzz"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 pm

[001] The Undervaults

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
Jaras helps to arouse his fellow adventurers and add a little light to the area with his torch. His dagger is sheathed, but his eyes alert to any unsettling of Kobold slumber.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1480

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 pm

[001] The Undervaults

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would quickly and as quiet as possible draw his dagger and move to kill the the sleeping kobolds. He takes care to drive the dagger into their exposed throats while trying to place a cloak other handy piece of clothing, from on of the fallen, over their faces to muffle any noise that might escape as this is done.

Dirty work but it must be done....


OOC: I would NOT kill the kobold that was charmed. That is I saw Mot cast a spell and a Kobold become none aggressive, so I would know something was up. If in doubt I would make sure that Mot is awake before I start killing any kobold near where that Kobold was. But really since I didn't fall asleep I assume I know which is which.



-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:04 am

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The chamber is now illuminated by two only two torches; one held aloft by the Halfling Jaras, and the one burning steadily from one of the numerous wall brackets across the room.

It is fortunate that Vangelis placed his torch in the wall bracket for had it dropped into the water when he fell asleep, it would have been quashed -- as was the torch of Firas extinguished when he fell into the mist and shallow water.

Despite the illumination, the wakeful company members still have some difficulty finding their companions, for the mist soon covers them like a blanket, and they can only be sought by the sounds of their breathing.

Moreover, this makes it doubly tricky to identify the kobold that Mot charmed. Even Mot himself is not absolutely certain which of the seven sleeping kobolds is "his man", but he makes his best guess and asserts that "this" particular kobold should be spared.

Tirandir moves about the misty chamber, using cloak and dagger to silently murder the other six sleeping kobolds. Within ten minutes the killing is efficiently done.
[/color]

(Referee rolls for the appearance of wandering monsters... 1d6=?)

Everybody (bar one sleeping kobold) is roused.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1480

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:38 am

[001] The Undervaults

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would finish up the dirty work then sigh and give a short scoffing noise. He would pause and give a listen to the corridors then look around for Firas and Mab. When he finds each of them he would pick them up and moving to the stairs, sitting each upright to the left and right of the stairs and place a kobold club in each hand like some set of strange guardians... In the process [color="Red"]Firas's shortsword would be inspected and eventually strapped on[/color]. All this assume there are no interruptions. The other items of interesting on our dead comrades would be placed in front of the bodies, [color="Red"]the scroll would be handed to Mot[/color]. [color="Red"]The spellbook of Firas[/color], Triandir would hold in his hand for several moments as if trying to comes to terms with something, something that seems to make him feel uneasy. He would nod his head a few times before sliding it [color="Red"]into his backpack[/color].

Once all that is done he would leave the dead to their rest, but would point at them and then up the stairs to the others. Then with bow in hand he would return to the look down the corridor from whence came the kobolds......

(OOC: I assume other things are going on also but that is my line reasoning for now.... Curious to see what the fountain is )

-Mike

EDITED - To highlight what was done with 3 of the items....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 am

[001] The Undervaults

Cameron DuBeers wrote:
One of Dram's companions indicates the fallen Spaz. "[color="Navy"]What of him?[/color]"

Dram shrugs, "[color="Navy"]He's just an old mutt. Leave him lay[/color]." But the soldier's gaze lingers a bit too long on the remains of his faithful canine friend. He turns away just a little too slow, his shoulders droop a bit too much. In the end, however, the veteran of many battles squares his shoulders, lifts his chin, and readies his sword. "[color="Navy"]We should retreat and regroup ... tend to our wounds.[/color]"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 pm

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
The two fallen have a number of possessions that the neutral and chaotic types wouldn't look past "borrowing". Of course, the lawful types would like to see such goods returned to the rightful heirs.

Mab's dwarf-sized coat of mail could serve someone yet... and Firas has a valuable spell book and a scroll...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 pm

[001] The Undervaults

waysoftheearth wrote:
Returning to the Hart's encampment is not especially desirable. Who knows what inconvenient duty you might be assigned? Or whether the entire operation will break camp and march off to some distant siege or battle?

No, returning almost certainly end any opportunity to loot these ruins...

Resting up here for a night would likely mean your patrol would be declared "overdue". You probably wouldn't be noted as "missing" until the following day.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1480

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 am

[001] The Undervaults

mgtremaine wrote:
OOC: Remember from the Backstory -- "The company know they are expected back in camp by tomorrow evening, and will be officially missed if they don't show by sundown the following day. That gives them this night to make their exploration, and perhaps the following day at the outside, if they don't want their absence to be noticed."

So it's pretty much go out in a blaze of glory or go home failures. The wounded need to bind up and at least rest a bit while those who can search the room and pull out the dead, etc.... Then it's time to head deeper into the unknown [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software