OOC Banter

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:10 pm

OOC Banter

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
mgtremaine wrote: Me too [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img], I think our gold reserves took a beating in favor of stats. We may pay the price.
Alas, that may prove to be all too true.

I'm somewhat surprised the m-us didn't elect to find 100 gp for four scrolls each, and the clerics didn't elect to find 50gp for two scrolls each. Even just a scroll of cure light wounds per cleric might have been "handy", but there we have it!
And... this thought never crossed my mind. [img]images/smiley/sad.png[/img] Will keep it in mind for next time, though...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

OOC Banter

greykat wrote:
Hurry up guys, start dying a little faster!
Have you ever thought about going down the ruins with no light. This way the monsters won't see you coming and you can save money for booze at the camp! [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:56 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
I honestly thought Gaspard was a goner... perhaps he has protection from above [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 pm

OOC Banter

verhaden wrote:
Re. Gaspard:

Fate is fickle! But if the dice gods continue to smile upon Gaspard, it'll be interesting to see whether he takes it as a continued sign of the Gods having a yet-to-be-revealed purpose for his life, or the realization that all is chaos in the world...

Re. Armor Retrieval:

I just assumed it would be too deep or too unsafe to attempt a manned retrieval. If we had a grappling hook it might make sense to 'fish' the stuff out or at least see how deep it is, but I was just going to cut losses and move on. waysoftheearth is fairly consistent on his wandering monster checks.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm

OOC Banter

mgtremaine wrote:
I agree.. I thought about it also but figured, dang at 30, 40, 50ft there is no way we are going to be able to dive down and get it safely.... Who knows what might lurking down there.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
verhaden wrote: waysoftheearth is fairly consistent on his wandering monster checks.
;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 pm

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Hey folks, most of you are doing already doing this most of the time, but it would help me out if you always post your actions in the third-person, so that I can always see which character is acting without having to go and look up who is running which PC.

E.g., "Nevil draws his sword and pursues the werewolf," is great because I know immediately that it's Nevil doing something.

"I draw my sword and pursue the werewolf," is harder for me because I have to go and figure out who "I" refers to.

Thanks people [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 pm

OOC Banter

ehiker133 wrote:
Or, possibly, always put your character name as a header, the way Verhaden does?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:54 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Or, possibly, always put your character name as a header, the way Verhaden does?
That would work too.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gentlemen, it would be well to note that combat rounds are one minute long, and that quite some ground can be covered in that time. 30ft between hostiles is considered "in combat".

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”