OOC Banter

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ronin84 wrote:I was following along regularly! I enjoyed the reading and was next to join so I'm a little disappointed. Please keep me in mind if you do something else Ways!
An unlucky break for you Ronin.

If you're it's PBP action you're after, you could always join my http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hinterlandsHinterlands game [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 am

OOC Banter

sulldawga wrote:
The Herald would certainly welcome Ronin's help!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 pm

OOC Banter

Ronin84 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
Ronin84 wrote:I was following along regularly! I enjoyed the reading and was next to join so I'm a little disappointed. Please keep me in mind if you do something else Ways!
An unlucky break for you Ronin.

If you're it's PBP action you're after, you could always join my http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hinterlandsHinterlands game [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
You are a funny man my friend. I will go back and catch up on what I have missed for the last few months.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Sorry Sully, The Herald has gone down fighting!

It is just Mot, Tirandir and †delwynn left, plus any help they can get from Jaras or Malevaque.

Will they be able to destroy the dragon and get the treasure?

Or will it be a TPK?

;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

OOC Banter

sulldawga wrote:
Such are the ways (no pun intended) of the inscrutable Gods.

Perhaps another will be chosen to herald the rise of Man... if such a replacement were needed elsewhere. I will speak no more of it, lest I jinx the survival chances of a certain dwarf exploring the fringes of civilization.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:09 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Poor Jaras -- destroyed just before the treasure counting bit!

Ah, but isn't that the fate of many a jolly adventurer? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

OOC Banter

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Poor Jaras -- destroyed just before the treasure counting bit!
Ah, but isn't that the fate of many a jolly adventurer? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
Indeed, he had probably just been sleeping off those wounds and dreaming of golden honey mead. He awakes, and shoots, and now he's lying dead.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
That closes out the Delving Deeper demo game guys.

Commiserations to those who were slain, congratulations to the survivors, and most of all thanks to all who participated!

Apologies to those in the wait list who didn't get a go, I hope you enjoyed the ride all the same, and will be inspired to run your own DD games [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

For your interest, the magic-user scroll from the dragon's hoard was cursed, and the cunning Malaveque was magically transported to an alternate (and rather unfriendly, we suppose!) plane of existence when he opened it ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:35 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Also, FWIW -- the remaining three PCs still had 8,320 gp worth of treasure to divide.

Assuming they divided the loot evenly, they would have earned 2,773 XP each (not counting XP for defeating monsters, or any XP bonuses).

Therefore, all three would have reached 2nd level for any subsequent session [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Congratulations !

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 am

OOC Banter

Zenopus wrote:
Great, unexpected twist there, at the end! Thanks for the game, Simon.

Mot was incredibly lucky with the dice rolls. In the kobold battle he was attacked six times and every one missed, but each of his two attacks hit and killed a kobold (and he charmed another). In the dragon battle, he hit the dragon twice (oil & dagger) and made his save vs dragon breath. I had expected him to perish in each battle!

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”