OOC Banter

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
So... is anybody going to finish the dragon off?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:12 pm

OOC Banter

verhaden wrote:
That's up to you [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

The Herald, Gaspard, and Vangelis have all declared their intentions to attack.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

OOC Banter

sulldawga wrote:
I think he's waiting for Mot to throw that flask of oil. Can we assume he attempts to do so and move on?

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm

OOC Banter

Zenopus wrote:
Actually, Mot hasn't thrown the oil yet because of fear of "friendly fire".

DD, Vol 3: "Firing into melee would be extremely risky and is not normally allowed."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
Alas poor Gaspard and Vangelis! But this is often the fate of would be dragon slayers!

If there are any players in waiting still reading this, I'm going to call it "all done" after the dragon encounter, so unfortunately you've missed out. I hope you enjoyed following along all the same, and are encouraged to start your own games [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
For the players still standing (or smouldering) you could say you've been a little unlucky. Had either of the two 15s rolled by clerics been rolled instead by fighters, that would have been two hits. And The Herald was, perhaps, unlucky to roll a 1 for damage... three "average" fighter hits might have killed the monster... or at least severely weakened its breath weapon!

On the other hand, the players have broken up into three groups; those that went back looking for oil, those that still loiter in the passageway, and those that attacked the dragon regardless. Probably not the "ideal" way to confront a dragon, but that's what happens in PBP games. A story to tell, at the very least... And it ain't over yet!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 am

OOC Banter

aergraith wrote:
Good luck to the survivors, and thanks for the game, Ways!

Yeah, in hindsight we probably should have worked harder to get a consensus and a plan, but as you say, that's what happens in PbP games.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am

OOC Banter

waysoftheearth wrote:
aergraith wrote:Good luck to the survivors, and thanks for the game, Ways!
Always a pleasure!

Have an exalt for your participation [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm

OOC Banter

verhaden wrote:
One shots, by their very nature, tend to encourage rash play. And I've found that in PBP games, sometimes it's better to act (just to keep things moving) than bumble with your hands in your pockets, so that probably contributed some to our demise.

Still, fun game as ever, ways.

Vangelis, it was an honor to be melted along side you. Gods be praised.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 am

OOC Banter

Ronin84 wrote:
I was following along regularly! I enjoyed the reading and was next to join so I'm a little disappointed. Please keep me in mind if you do something else Ways!

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”