[000] Background Information


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 am

[000] Background Information

waysoftheearth wrote:
Good People,

Here is the setting for our little adventure. If you want to work your PC background into this somehow, so much the better...


[color="Blue"]The Grey Hart are a motley crew of a hundred or so mercenary fighters and their hangers on. The company is notionally in the employ of the Marquis de Boors, though their morally "agile" leader -- Sir Trevor Sanguine -- is ever open to opportunity. Alas that no such prospect has arisen recently!

The Grey Hart have been assigned to reconnoitering the muddy moorlands between Vessalt and Damaque for much of the waning campaign season without much to show for it. Most of the men (and other sorts) are tired of mud and cold feet, and disgruntled with the lack of purpose, homely comforts, and especially loot! The best of the grub is long gone, winter is coming, and the rumours say the outriders have already begun deserting. Then again, rumour always has it the outriders are deserting...

So it is that when our grizzled party of misfits come across an uncharted ruin hidden in a misty bog scarcely a day out from the Hart's encampment, they take it upon themselves to investigate. Should they happen to unearth fabulous treasures... well, there'd be no particularly good reason to share it with the Grey Hart would there?
[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:02 pm

[000] Background Information

waysoftheearth wrote:
Once people have had a chance to put up their PCs, we'll get underway [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 am

[000] Background Information

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The mismatched crew of fighting men, fickle elves and wizards, and an unfairly attractive dwarfish harlot approach the moss covered, crumbling ruin with not more than two hours of daylight remaining -- autumn is growing old and the evenings are coming on cooler and faster.

The company know they are expected back in camp by tomorrow evening, and will be officially missed if they don't show by sundown the following day. That gives them this night to make their exploration, and perhaps the following day at the outside, if they don't want their absence to be noticed.

The ruin itself hunkers in the mud between two sedgy shoulders of a hillock and is shrouded in clinging mist. It seems to have been a thick walled fortification once, ages ago, but now it is all tumble down and overgrown. The most interesting feature is a partially collapsed entry into the side of the hillock, wherein a mossy stair wide enough for only one abreast descends into the cool, wet dark below...
[/color]


Gentlemen, let us declare a marching order and get this delve underway!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm

[000] Background Information

mushgnome wrote:
The squat, androgynous creature known to the party as Mab pushes to the front of the line. A Dwarf does not follow Man nor Elf into the earth!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

[000] Background Information

waysoftheearth wrote:
15 charisma worth of androgyny!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1450

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm

[000] Background Information

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would give a small "hmm" and take 3 larges steps back from the Dwarf. Then draw a arrow and ready it to his bow. He would then stand waiting for the front line to move out.......

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 pm

[000] Background Information

aergraith wrote:
Vangelis is well-armored with a shield and probably can't strike easily from the second rank, so will join the first rank if no fighter will do so or if there is room given the size of the entrance, otherwise will move to the second rank, preferably not blocking Tirandir if he wants to throw spells over Mab's head.

He will hang his mace from his belt and light a torch and carry it in his right hand, his shield in his left.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1450

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

[000] Background Information

mgtremaine wrote:
OOC: Shoot arrows over Mab's head, no spells yet sorry.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

[000] Background Information

verhaden wrote:
Gaspard

Gaspard takes in a deep breath of crisp, autumn air and grimaces. [color="Navy"]"Smells like arse,"[/color] he says, casting an askew glance at the dog, Spaz. He twirls his empty sling lazily in his left hand as he takes position at the rear of the group; the weapon has far more utilty overland than it does underground.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16260

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 pm

[000] Background Information

ehiker133 wrote:
Firas makes a point of adjusting the straps on his pack and the scabbard of his shortsword as other file past him to get into formation.

[color="Blue"]"We should keep one of the healers safe in the back of the formation,"[/color] he suggests. Firas will stay close to that healer if one is placed in the rear formation.

[color="Blue"]"Oh, I suppose you humans are going to need a light?"[/color] he asks with a sneer before pulling out a torch and his tinderbox.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
Next

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software