Players in the Wings...

Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:37 am

Players in the Wings...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Here is a first in, first served list of players waiting to join in, should the opportunity arise:

1) SMKSensei
2) DoctorX

I'd wish you luck, but I'm not sure that would be fair to the current players!

I'll roll you some numbers anyway, and you can at least play around with making a PC while you wait [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am

Players in the Wings...

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Here is a first in, first served list of players waiting to join in, should the opportunity arise:

1) SMKSensei
2) DoctorX

I'd wish you luck, but I'm not sure that would be fair to the current players!

I'll roll you some numbers anyway, and you can at least play around with making a PC while you wait [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
Great! Thanks!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Players in the Wings...

doctorx wrote:
Yeah, cheers, ways! Many thanks!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 am

Players in the Wings...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Update to the wait list...

1) SMKSensei
2) DoctorX
3) Sulldawga
4) Ronin84

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:15 am

Players in the Wings...

Ronin84 wrote:
Name: Adrim Grimeye
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Alignments: Lawful

Str: 12
Int 11 +3 Languages
Wis 8
Dex 8
Con 14
Chr 13 Max Hench 6 LB: +1

Languages
Dwarvish
Goblin
Common
Orcish

Money:

GP: 0
SP: 0
CP: 0

Equipment:
Leather Armor 25#
Warhammer 10#
Helmet 5#
Shield 15#
Small Sack 5# of 10#
-6 Torches
-Tinderbox

Background:

Adrim and his older brother had been standing watch at the western outpost, there had been no sign of the greenskins for days. Verdin joked that the goblins wouldn't be coming back for months after they had lost so many, but they did come back. Adrim had been checking the far side of the tunnel opening when he heard the sounds of battle, racing back towards his brother he sounded his horn and could see that it was too late the outpost had been over run. Verdin was no where to be found.

The fight was bloody and of the 5 score of Dwarves who had been manning the watch, barely a score survived. Adrim and Verdin were among the lucky until or so he thought, he was summoned before the Watch Captains and was charged with cowardice and blamed for the loss of the outpost. Verdin had told a different story, how he had been checking the farside and it was Adrim who had lost his nerve and broke and ran. The look in his father's eye told him he knew the truth but it was Adrim's duty to always support his brother, he who had been marked for greatness.

Taking the brand of criminal he left the clans and found himself wandering...after months he fell into the Grey Hart, now some see the Dwarvish brand and ignore but others have found him to be a stalwart companion and one who can be depended on and they wonder about him....

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Players in the Wings...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Looks good Ronin... you'll no doubt see as your time draws near ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Players in the Wings...

doctorx wrote:
And also lurking shiftily in the wings we have...

†DELWYNN THE GUILEFUL

MAGIC-USER. 1ST LEVEL.
Human. Male. Alignment: Neutral.

STRENGTH: 09 (Open doors: 5-6. Weight allowed: 75lb.)
INTELLIGENCE: 14 (+5% exp. Languages known: 6).
WISDOM: 07
DEXTERITY: 12
CONSTITUTION: 09 (Survive shock: 60%)
CHARISMA: 12 (Maximum retainers: 4. Loyalty adjustment: -

KNOWN SPELLS: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Protection from Evil, Read Magic, Sleep.

KNOWN LANGUAGES: Common Tongue, Elvish, Sprite, Dwarfish, Orcish, Kobold.

GOLD PIECES: 8 remaining.

EQUIPMENT:
4 Daggers. (12gp. 4 lb). (One hung at his side in plain view, one secreted up his left sleeve, another concealed in his right boot, yet another strapped at the nape of his neck).
(€œWhy, I am practically unarmed, good sir! We mages are peaceful, scholarly souls. Might I perchance give the back of my neck the merest scratch..?€)

Waterskin. (1gp. 5lb).
((Sigh!) €œOne must drink water to live...€)

Flask of wine. (2gp. 5lb).
((Grins): €œ...but one drinks wine to make life worth the living!€)

Backpack. (3gp. 30lb capacity).
(€œDratted, cumbersome thing! I really must hire a man to attend to such manual unpleasantness...€)

Rations, 1 week. (7gp. 15lb). (A few small bread rolls, a round of pleasantly-tangy hard cheese, a few handfuls of dried fruit, an apple or two, a fistful of cured wild boar sausages, etc.)
(€œIron rations? Good Gods, my dear fellow, I€™d rather starve...€)

Travelling cloak. (3gp. 5lb).
(€œDratted, waterlogged country! Does it ever stop raining in these benighted parts?!?€)

String of garlic. (5gp. 0lb). (Somewhat picked at; He€™s been using the occasional clove to add a soupson of flavour to the company€™s otherwise-dreary meals...)
(€œYou may call it chicken stew, my dear sir! I can but regard it as a tragically-drowned fowl deserving of a better send-off than the company of stale turnips and €“ I€™m not even sure what that is. These little white-and-purple jewels may serve to remedy the injustice..!€)

Scroll: Jump. (25gp).
(€œAh. Pursuit: UPSIDAISY!!€)

Tinderbox. (2gp. 0lb).
(€œOooh, catch, you cursed thing! CATCH! Nine shaved dwarfs, but there€™s got to be an easier way to start a fire...€)

Lantern. (10gp. 5lb).
(€œA dark lantern for oh-so-occasionally dark business, hmm..?€)

Oil, Flask. (2gp. 5lb).
(€œ...but it wouldn€™t do for the old girl to run out of flicker on us, would it? I€™m all for the dark, but there are limits...€)

Weight carried: 45 lbs.

BACKGROUND:
No-one seems to be entirely sure when †delwynn fell in with the Grey Hart, or why, but the young magician has been lurking on the fringes of the company for some time now, despite the occasional curse and hurled missile sent his way, that he has so far managed (largely) to avoid.

Of medium height, slim of build, with sandy-brown hair framing an affable, smiling face (that is swift to take on a shrewd, watchful look when he thinks you€™re not looking at him), he is clearly educated €“ cultured even €“ at least that is the impression he tries to give. He certainly affects a cultivated, scholarly manner, but there€™s more than a little of the mountebank about him. Keep your hand on your purse and an eye on your girl when †delwynn€™s around €“ chances are he€™s after both, a predatory, calculating look in his pale blue eyes. His greed is all-too-swift to outweigh his caution, which has led to the occasional blacked eye and split lip from his comrades when he has been caught €˜borrowing€™ from them, although he is swift to bounce back, insisting it was all a misunderstanding and falling over himself to be agreeable to his former antagonists (while quietly marking them for future retribution...)

He spends a lot of time pouring over his (admittedly quite impressive-looking) spell book, although at times he seems a little wary €“ even nervous €“ of it. Surely it couldn€™t be that it doesn€™t belong to him, could it?

Nonetheless, he has proved himself to be a shrewd and capable spell-caster, enough to ensure Sir Trevor has seen fit to permit his continued presence in the ranks of the Grey Hart, despite the occasional €“ heh €“ €˜misunderstanding€™ arising between him and his fellow sell-swords.

€œRuins, you say? Hmm. Yes, potentially interesting, I suppose. I may perhaps join you in investigating them... should I wake up in time... and after a proper breakfast, naturally...

€œIn the meantime fear not, my bold companions; I shall be certain to keep a close and watchful eye on any belongings you may see fit to leave behind while you seek your fortunes...€

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Players in the Wings...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Awesome DoctorX!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 am

Players in the Wings...

sulldawga wrote:
Name: "The Herald"
Race: Man
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Lawful

Str: 9 (Open doors 5-6, Carry 75 lb)
Int: 8
Wis: 14 (6 languages, +5% XP)
Dex: 13
Con: 9 (60% SS)
Chr: 14 (Max hench 6 Loyal: +1)

Money:

GP: 3
SP: 0
CP: 0

Equipment:
Leather Armor
Helmet
Shield
Mace
Holy Symbol, Wood
Scroll of Cure Light Wounds
Backpack 17 of 30#
-Tinderbox
-Rations, Iron (x1)
-Waterskin
-Cloak (used as blanket while sleeping)

Encumbrance:
68/75 lbs

Background:
No one knows The Herald's true name or city of origin. It's said he wanders from place to place, looking for battle on the fringes of civilization. He is loathe to fight other Men, as he considers himself the Champion of Mankind, chosen by the Gods to wipe all Beastmen and other heathens (he tolerates Elf and Dwarf, but just barely) from the face of the earth. Killing other Men in self-defense, on the other hand, is an acceptable course of action.

The Herald is quite lax on enforcing the rules of any temporal church, nor is he too keen on converting the unbelieving Man. His purpose is plain: Beastmen will never accept the Gods, so they must be obliterated. When facing those types, his zeal (i.e. lust for battle) shines like a beacon.

He speaks the language of most Beastmen (Orc, Goblin, and Ogre, to be sure. A smattering of Kobold, as he's troubled by most of the fricatives common to that language) but if he learned them for any reason other than to taunt his enemies before smashing them to pieces with his mace Solais ("Light" in some ancient tongue, he claims), it's not at all clear why.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:24 am

Players in the Wings...

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very cool Sulldawga -- A proper cleric indeed!

Have an exalt for that [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

(One minor note; your wisdom grants you 6 languages total, not +6 languages).

Return to “Delving Deeper V1 Demo 2012”