Page 24 of 31

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 pm
by waysoftheearth
Tet adds his laughter to Willie’s punch line. Tha’s A good one! he wheezes.

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:55 pm
by Tonneau
Potty looks on in confusion as his comrades chat with the talking chest. He wonders not for the first time if this 'adventuring' is the right thing for him

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 am
by mushgnome
Chegs replies in unison, "Ears? Haw haw haw!"

What sayeth Dougal? Is this the correct answer?

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 pm
by ehiker133
Dougal laughs and says, "That's it! Ears! Hahahaha!"

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:29 pm
by mushgnome
The Hobbets hear their voices repeated back to them from within the chest: "EARS!!! Hahahaha! Haw haw haw! Tha's a good one!" It is a disorienting experience, to hear what your own voices sound like!

Then the female voice proclaims: "If you are satisfied with your recording, please release the pull chain."

Assuming that Dougal complies with the instructions, when he releases his grip, the chain retracts into the chest with a tick tick tick sound, like a ratchet and gear. Soon the chest has reverted to the condition our heroes found it, with the 'pull me' tag hanging just outside where the lock would be.

The friendly female voice calmly declares, "Thank you. Have a nice day. Beware the spidergoat."

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 pm
by ehiker133
Dougal frowns, "Ehhh... that was slightly anticlimactic! But thanks for the tip on the spidergoat..."

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:42 pm
by acodispo
Willie, still giggling a little, wipes a tear from his eye.

"Ah, ears, ha ha ha..."

Once he's regained his composure: "Well, where to next? onward?"

He points to the west.

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 pm
by mushgnome
Westward ho, in standard marching order? Does anyone 'second' this suggestion?

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:23 pm
by ehiker133
Dougal nods, "Let's get to it, then."

Re: The First Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:07 pm
by mushgnome
Turn 22

Our heroes soon reach a Y intersection. The right fork branches to the northwest, while the left fork branches to the south and looks like it might open into a larger chamber.

Which way, brave Hobbets?

Image