The First Adventure


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 1253

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:13 am

Re: The First Adventure


If I am hearing your proposal correctly: The party will spend 1 turn scavenging for light sources: lanterns, torches, oil. Willie will stand guard at the intersection while the other 4 sift through the rubble.
User avatar

Posts: 1253

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:24 am

Re: The First Adventure


For each PC searching for light sources, there is a...

50% chance of finding 1d6-1 torches

25% chance of finding 1 flask of oil, past its expiration date

5% chance of finding an inferior-quality lantern

1% chance of finding a superior light source.

Dougal rolls (high is good) 81, 84, 1, 53. He finds 5 torches and 1 flask of expired oil.

What of the others? What are they looking for? Light sources, or something else?
User avatar

Posts: 1744

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Hey! Five torches and a flask of oil! That's not bad! Not bad at all! I'll update Dougal's character sheet.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 16500

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:05 am

Re: The First Adventure

Tet thinks he has four torches left, but he'll search for anything else that might be a light source...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1253

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Tet spends a turn searching for light sources, but comes up completely empty-handed. He kicks in frustration at what appears to be a pile of rags, and stubs his toe! He has stumbled upon a 50lb copper nugget worth 1,000cp. It is stuffed into a threadbare large sack.



Tet has terrible luck with his d% rolls: 4, 35, 62, 44.

But a nice consolation prize!
User avatar

Posts: 1744

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal will replace Willie's guard watch at the entrance to the room if Willie wants to search, as well.

So far, it looks like we've gathered:
- 5 torches
- 1 flask of oil
- (1) 50lb "portable" boulder of copper

Three more people to check!
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 408

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Potty considers the pile of refuse for a while and decides it is the ideal environment for Coprophillus corpusaugmentum - one of his favourite healing fungi. While the others stub their toes on useless lumps of metal, he forages for it and other pragmatic detrivorous organisms.
Appologies for hiatus in posting; was off station for a bit
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 726

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: The First Adventure

It seems that if Willie is to take a turn, we'd need to spend 2 turns searching (which I'd rather not). I.e. it takes a full turn to search, and one cannot guard & search at the same time. But if Willie can search & guard in the same turn, he'll do so, and look for lighting sources!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1253

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:46 am

Re: The First Adventure

Chegs gets stuck on guard duty while Willie looks for light sources and Potty checks for fungi.

Willie searches for torches but finds nothing but rotted scrap wood. He does find 1 flask of expired oil.

Potty finds 5 tiny, shriveled, stinky, horn-shaped fungi, each with the power to cure 1hp damage.

Thus concludes the first search turn. You estimate you have searched 1/3 of the room. Spend another turn or two searching (be descriptive what you are looking for, i.e. 'light sources,' 'fungi,' '50lb copper nuggets,' etc.), or move on to the southwest?
Willie rolls: 72, 97, 41, 30
1d6-1 = 1-1 = 0 torches and 1 flask of oil

Potty 1d6 = 5
User avatar

Posts: 726

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"It seems like we might find some more items here, but I think we should do some more exploring first!" suggests Willie, eager to cease grubbing around in the dirt & move on to ... grubbing around in the adventurous dirt!
That's a vote for exploring to the south-west. :)
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software