Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by acodispo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:50 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Willie hops to his feet with great alacrity.

"I'm Wilibald Whitfoot, sir, of the Whinfarthing Whitfoots, you know. Potato pancakes, please sir!"

He almost refrains from shouting the last; he's very hungry.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm

"Name's Dougal. Dougal the Black, if you want. Potato cakes for me, Frederick."

Unable to control his curiosity, Dougal approaches the Douglas and Fiona after he places his order.

"You look like you've had a rough day, friend. Anything we can do to help?"
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Tonneau » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 pm

"Mushrooms?" says Potty, still clinging to the doorway. "Did he say mushrooms?"
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:08 am

"Warrec Chegwidden, but everyone calls me chegs. I'd love some potato pancakes and some Puffball mushroom crepes, please!, says an hungry & eager Chegs.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:10 am

Tet Baulrawer! At your service, and your family's, announces Tet with a sweeping bow that strains his belt buckle prodigiously. I'll have tha lot, he says hungrily. And don't skimp cos I'll know!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 am

Frederick says, "My, what an appetite! I'll make some tall stacks of everything, for the table." Noting Potty's interest in mushrooms, Frederick reveals his prized ingredient: He dramatically lifts a cloth to unveil a pale, round object. The others might mistake it for a large wheel of cheese or a colossal spongecake, but Potty recognizes it for what it is: a disc-shaped cross-section, sliced from an enormous puffball. Frederick uses a device like a wire cheese cutter to shave off thin slices, which he spins in the air like pizza dough and slaps onto the hot griddle. As the puffball crepes sizzle, Frederick begins grating potatoes and onions. "I like to grate them fresh for every batch. The veggies get mushy if you let them sit out," he says to no one in particular.

Meanwhile Douglas replies to Dougal the Black: "Rough day? It's been an emotional roller coaster!" (Except with his busted-up mouth, "emotional roller coaster" sounds more like "immusshimmal mowwer moshhhter.") "Who knew adventuring could be so... OW!" (He cuts off abruptly as Fiona kicks him under the table.) "I mean, yeah. What a day." The last of his keen-wah pancakes is all mushy from soaking in maple syrup. He takes a big bite, and the conversation trails off into awkward chewing sounds.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 am

Adventurin? repeats Tet distantly... his eyes locked on the journey of those keen-wah pancakes, plate to fork to mouth. Wha's that all about?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Dougal the Black leans in closer, "Could be so... what? What happened to your friends?"
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Tonneau » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Potty drifts slowly away from the door and positions himself near the kitchen, hoping to catch a view of the purported mushrooms.

He keeps his distance from the battered 'adventurers'.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 am

Douglas looks like he has something to say, but Fiona hisses, "First Rule, Douglas!" and cuts him off. "Look... you Hobbets seem... nice... but we we don't, like, know you. No offense, but you look like you fell out of a turnip cart. Frederick is the Top Hobbet around here, so unless he says you're in the Club, I'm totally not going to tell you the story..." and then she trails off, mumbling to herself under her breath, "of how I, like, burned off my eyebrows in a daredevil blaze of glory."

("That was rad!" whispers Douglas.)

At that moment, Frederick VIII arrives carrying a tray of mugs. Frederick shoots a quick glance at Fiona and Douglas, something passes unsaid between them, and they instantly stop talking with a sheepish look on their faces. Frederick serves everyone a cup steaming with a brown, savory beverage. "Dandelion 'coffee.' Harvested the dandelions myself," he explains. "So, what's the word? What brings you young Hobbets to Hornpipe?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”