Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Noh is interrupted by a loud thump sound from the back room. "Oh! Please excuse me for a few minutes. Here are some pancakes while you wait," says Frederick.

The pancakes are the best you've ever had.

Carc tentatively enters the building and perches near his master.
Sorry for the delay... I was unexpectedly out of town for a few days. Back now. :)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Dougal, Potty, Tet, and Willie have survived their first adventure! Frederick greets them at the top of the ladder. "You look like you could use a hot meal! There is a wanderer named Noh sitting at the counter; says he wants to be an adventurer. If you want to add him to your new Chapter of Adventure Club, I will sit back and let you handle the Testing and Initiation. You can come up with your own Rules and Traditions if you like; you don't have to use my stupid axe trick if you don't want to! Introduce yourself to the new guy while I start cooking another round of pancakes."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Noh eats happily, at certain points offering Carc tastes of different foods.
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by acodispo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Willie's normally cheerful face is sunken in thought as the Chapter heads up into the House of Pancakes. He takes a deep breath, then peers appraisingly at Noh.

He murmurs to his friends: "Let's go see what this Noh fellow is made of."

He walks boldly across the room, stands next to Noh's table, and strikes what he imagines is a stern pose.

"Well, stranger, what's your purpose in this -- hey, is that a raven??"
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:35 pm

Dougal moves to stand next to Willie. He... no, they all reek of smoke and moldy mustiness, of filthy dirt and of... of... of coppery blood and damp decay. They all look like they could use a long, hot soak in a tub and several stacks of pancakes covered in melty butter and blackberry brandy syrup.

Dougal tries to speak, but the moment he does, he winces in apparent pain and reaches part of his hand in his mouth. "Blimey, Willie... them last things knocked one of me gnashers loose! Thank the gods we've got Fredrick's flapjacks to contend with and not that damned shoe leather fare they call 'beef jerky', at least for a little while! Who'd ya find here, then, eh? Wha's your name-o, brother?"
Welcome to the party, Pal!
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Potty whispers something in Frederick's ear and hands him a bundle of wild mushrooms he has foraged along the way. Frederick nods in the affirmative and sets a large pot of water to the boil.

Post by rredmond » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Noh looks up smiling and then a look of concern passes across his face, "Um, are you all okay?" After looking at them somewhat awkwardly he attempts to answer their questions, "hello, I think is what I should say, I'm Noh. I've spent too long in the woods and needed a stretch of the legs which lead me to this town. Frederick mentioned adventuring, that seemed to strike my spirit and sounds like something I'd like to try. And this here is Carc, a king among ravens! He wants to try this adventure thing as well!" Noh smiles what he hopes isn't a too-awkward but friendly smile.
Holy crap. Sorry all, I stopped getting notifications... or my phone deleted a notification, it does that sometimes. Sigh. I'll try and get back on track!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:10 pm

"Oh yeah, we're okay! We're Adventurers!" says Willie through broken teeth. "And we hear you want to be one too? You & Carc?"

Willie waves at the raven & murmurs "Hello, Carc" sotto voce, then plunges ahead eagerly:

"Well, the first thing is to remember The Rules of Adventure Club, which are:

"Rule number one: You do not talk about ADVENTURE CLUB.
Rule the second: You DO NOT talk about ADVENTURE CLUB!!
Rule three: ESPECIALLY not to the HUMANS!!!
Fourth rule: NO SPOILERS for new members of the Club.
Rule of five: No snooping around town or causing trouble with the humans.
Penultimate rule: Do not give in to Chaos!
Lucky number seven rule: If this is your first time at ADVENTURE CLUB, you MUST enter the dungeon!

"So what'll it be, Noh? Will you follow the rules of Adventure Club?"
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by rredmond » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:45 pm

"Those are some loud rules," Noh says pensively, "those rules sound fair enough. Those clodding, nature destroying humans aren't company I keep anyways (not that I keep much company with anyone) and of course all life requires chaos and law, so no giving in for me! But what are 'spoilers'?"

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Dougal shrugs, "Not sure. I'm thinking things like milk... uncured meat... eggs. But maybe I don't understand the rule."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”