Class & Levels : Fighter 1
Experience Points : 116
XP Bonus : 7%
Hit Dice : 1d6+7
Hit Points : 12

Armour Class : 4
Saving Throw : 16

Story
What Taine looses in height he gains in aggression, his fiery redbeard a sure warning to all those that cross his path. Taine was raised in the highlands to the north east, mining was tradition for Taines' Clan The McDervish, but the dimly lit dank earthly mines didn't light Taines fire, he needed to explore.

Abilities
STR : 14 (+1) (4 in 6)
INT : 10 (--) (3 in 6)
WIS : 09 (--) (3 in 6)
DEX : 07 (-1) (2 in 6)
CON : 18 (+1) (5 in 6)
CHA : 12 (--) (3 in 6)

Gear

Clothing (Kilt, leather shoes, wool shirt, bracers and maybe undergarments but this remains to be seen!),
Backpack,
One week of victuals,
Water skin,
coin purse,
Axe,
Small Wooden Sheild
Whetstone,
Hide armour (hand fashioned vest and gauntlets)
Dwarfish Sapper's helmet surmounted by a shuttered lantern fashioned in the likeness of a toad
Bedroll,
Hemp Rope,
Winter Blanket,
Candles,
Lantern and flask of oil

Wealth

8gp 14sp 18cp
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 am

The Cast

waysoftheearth wrote:
Nice work Harry [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Just one correction -- Taines's Hit Dice should be 1d6+7.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 am

The Cast

waysoftheearth wrote:
Great work on keeping the character sheets up to date guys [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

FYI, I am calculating the XP awards like this:

CEILING(XP Award + XP Bonus)

Which essentially means you round any fraction up to the nearest whole number.

So, if my sums are right we should have the following;

Caine 62
Mads 60
Anwyn 124
Victor 60
Rodrick 125
Dieter 128
Olaf 125
Ulric 128
Taines 60

Post by coffee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm

The Cast

coffee wrote:
Better late than never...

.~-= Dieter Kranz =-~.

Biology : Man
Alignment : Neutral

Class & Levels : Fighter 1
Experience Points : 126
XP Bonus : 9%
Hit Dice : 1d6+1 (+3)
Hit Points : 7

Armour Class : 4 (leather, shield, helm + dex)
Saving Throw : 17

Story
Dieter's father, Helmuth Kranz, had six sons who lived. Dieter is the next to youngest of them and so had no chance of inheriting anything. He wasn't suited for the church, so he makes his way in the world as a hired sword.

Abilities
STR : 17 (+1) 5 in 6
INT : 11 (--) 3 in 6
WIS : 13 (--) 4 in 6
DEX : 15 (+1) 4 in 6
CON : 12 (--) 3 in 6
CHA : 10 (--) 3 in 6

Gear

Leather Armor - 12
Wooden Shield - 9
Helmet - 30

Sword - 21
Sling - 1
Dagger - 2

Bedroll - 3
Crowbar - 2
Shovel - 11 cp
Waterskin - 4 cp

Clothing, backpack, one week of victuals, water skin (for a total of two)

Dieter's boon is 60ft of loyal silk rope and light weight, spring-loaded grappling hook.

Wealth
0 gp
7 sp
6 cp
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:08 am

The Cast

waysoftheearth wrote:
Welcome to "The Cast" Coffee [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img] nice work!

Just a couple of minor things...
  • You could list 1d6+4 or 1d6+1+3 for hit-dice so we don't forget Dieter's constitution bonus of +3 hit points.
  • Dieter's AC is 4 (equal best in the party!) since leather = AC7, +helm = AC6, +shield = AC5, +dex = AC4.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 pm

The Cast

coffee wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Welcome to "The Cast" Coffee [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img] nice work!

Just a couple of minor things...
  • You could list 1d6+4 or 1d6+1+3 for hit-dice so we don't forget Dieter's constitution bonus of +3 hit points.
  • Dieter's AC is 4 (equal best in the party!) since leather = AC7, +helm = AC6, +shield = AC5, +dex = AC4.
Okay, I modified the AC.

I don't understand what you mean about the constitution bonus, though (I'm pretty sure it's something I missed rather than something you didn't explain -- I just didn't seem to catch a lot of the little things.)

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:55 am

The Cast

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote: I don't understand what you mean about the constitution bonus, though (I'm pretty sure it's something I missed rather than something you didn't explain -- I just didn't seem to catch a lot of the little things.)
Hi Coffee -- as a way to give 1st level PCs a slight "edge", I decided that every PC would get a once-off bonus modifier to hit-points equal to the "chance-in-6" he has for his constitution ability. This is instead of adding +1 hit point per hit die for 15+ constitution (as per Men & Magic).

In Dieter's case, he has 12 constitution, and a 3-in-6 chance when constitution counts. Therefore, he has 1d6+1 hit-points (as a 1st level fighting-man) and another +3 hit-points (due to his 12 constitution). So overall, Dieter has 1d6+4 hit-points.

By my reckoning, this little adjustment has saved a few PC lives already!

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:41 pm

The Cast

coffee wrote:
Okay, cool. Thanks! I'll add that to the cast page.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 pm

The Cast

billhooks wrote:
For want of a better place to put this, I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm throwing in the towel on this one -- I think the pace of online gaming just isn't for me. Victor can be a henchman if anyone wants him. Take care, everybody!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 am

The Cast

eris wrote:
billhooks wrote:For want of a better place to put this, I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm throwing in the towel on this one -- I think the pace of online gaming just isn't for me. Victor can be a henchman if anyone wants him. Take care, everybody!
Ahhhh! That's too bad! We'll miss you, and Victor, Billhooks.

I, for one, am having fun. I understand what you say about the pace of online games, though. They certainly do demand a good bit of patience at times, but IMO it's worth it. Especially, if it's the only roleplaying you can consistently get.

Let me express my thanks to our DM and all my fellow players. All I can say is I hope each of you are having as much fun as I am. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Eris

Return to “Retired Threads”