Primordial Ooze -- PCs in the Making

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Primordial Ooze -- PCs in the Making

Okay, we're all set then. I'll get you started in game ASAP, stay tuned (the current game thread is here)...

FYI -- my "magic" spreadsheet produces this stat line for Beringar:

Beringar (Fighter 1, AC 4/6, HD 1+5, hp 8/8, Load 11/12)

So he is carrying 1 more unit that I estimated :|
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Olroda » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Wohoo! I can't wait to get started!

...I've fixed my sheet once again. Speaking of fixing things; I saw that you forgot his dagger on the vital statistics chart.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Olroda wrote:I saw that you forgot his dagger on the vital statistics chart.
I don't maintain the vital statistics chart manually. It is generated from other spreadsheets that I do maintain (one per character), and only shows summary information such as the first two weapons (one for each hand) your character has. But don't worry; your dagger is recorded.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:45 am

@Condorcet your rolls are:

Str: 2,3,5
Int: 2,6,2
Wis: 4,3,2
Dex: 6,2,6
Con: 5,1,3
Cha:4,6,3

Remember that you can replace any one die with a 6 except that:

. Substituting your 6 must not make an 18.
. Elves may substitute a 6 in intelligence or wisdom only.
. Dwarfs may substitute a 6 in strength or constitution only.
. Halflings may substitute a 6 in charisma or dexterity only.

We're currently playing a lot closer to by-the-book Delving Deeper than the current house rules suggest. I am presently in the process of reviewing the house rules... hopefully I'll update the topic soon.

In the meanwhile, don't hesitate to post any questions about the house rules (or the rules in general) here.

You'll begin play with clothing, a bedroll, a backpack, one week of victuals, a water skin, and a coin purse containing 74 sp.

Note that the silver piece is the basic unit of trade, and also that:

1 gp = 6 sp = 36 cp.

The prices of adventuring goods are listed here, but note that you do not have to pay 133% of the list price for your starting gear, but you will have to pay the extra cost in Ket once play begins.

You will also be granted a boon which will be determined according to your choice of race and class.

Post you initial character concept here, and when we have all the details sorted out you can post a completed character sheet in your own thread here.

I'm here to help if you need :)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

@Mistere29 your rolls are:

Str: 3,5,2
Int: 6,1,6
Wis: 5,4,4
Dex: 3,3,1
Con: 6,5,4
Cha: 6,3,3

Remember that you can replace any one die with a 6 except that:

. Substituting your 6 must not make an 18.
. Elves may substitute a 6 in intelligence or wisdom only.
. Dwarfs may substitute a 6 in strength or constitution only.
. Halflings may substitute a 6 in charisma or dexterity only.

We're currently playing a lot closer to by-the-book Delving Deeper than the current house rules suggest. I am presently in the process of reviewing the house rules... hopefully I'll update the topic soon.

In the meanwhile, don't hesitate to post any questions about the house rules (or the rules in general) here.

You'll begin play with clothing, a bedroll, a backpack, one week of victuals, a water skin, and a coin purse containing 101 sp.

Note that the silver piece is the basic unit of trade, and also that:

1 gp = 6 sp = 36 cp.

The prices of adventuring goods are listed here, but note that you do not have to pay 133% of the list price for your starting gear, but you will have to pay the extra cost in Ket once play begins.

You will also be granted a boon which will be determined according to your choice of race and class.

Post you initial character concept here, and when we have all the details sorted out you can post a completed character sheet in your own thread here.

Good luck, and remember; I'm here to help :)

Post by mistere29 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:49 pm

I will increase strength to 14 and play a dwarf fighter.
Equipment
Ring mail, helmet, small Sheild

Sling, 1 handed axe

Backpack, 6 torches, tinderbox.

That should leave me with 5 silver and 2 copper left over.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Sounds good Mistere29, please take a copy of the PC sheet here and fill it out in this thread. Once we've ironed out all the issues well get underway.

To begin, we'll be needing an alignment and a name for this Dwarf. Might I suggest a quick scan of any of the Tolkien-esque name factories for inspiration? E.g., http://www.rdinn.com/generators/1/dwarv ... erator.php

You boon shall be: a Dwarf Thegn's Iron Torc. It's a heavy set piece of "jewelry" comprising a chain of inch-broad iron squares; worth perhaps 10-40 sp at a market, but carrying important meaning for dwarfs. It's usually worn around the base of the neck over any clothing or armor so that it is visible (although it can be worn under these). It would have been given by a Dwarf Thegn to a worth Dwarf in gratitude for some meritorious service (though you don't necessarily have to know to whom, or from whom--that's up to you).

Your starting Hit Points roll will be: 2d6=5,2, so a 5.

Post by mistere29 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:02 am

.~-= Valorn Redblade =-~.

Race : Dwarf.
Alignment : Lawful

Class & Levels : Fighter 1
Experience Points : 0
Prime Requisite: 15 (14 strength, +1 for 13 wisdom)
XP Bonus : +5%

Normal/Heroic: Normal

Appearance

Valorn is relativity old (by Dwarf standards) to start an adventuring career. He was a chief weapon maker for old Thegn Redblade, earning and Iron Torc for his service and excellent craftsmanship. His position was envied by a younger, less talented dwarf in his clan. When Thegn Redblade passed on, and Valorn's rival's uncle became the new Thegn. Valorn soon lost his position, so he left the clan for an adventuring life.

Valron speaks Urulgan ,lliberal,Empyrean and...
He is also literate.

Abilities
STR :14
INT : 13
WIS : 13
DEX : 7
CON : 15
CHA : 12

Armour Class : 5/6 (front/rear)
Hit Dice : 1+3 (determined by class, level, and constitution bonus)
Hit Points : 8
Saving Throws :
Poison:10
Wands & Rays:11
Paralysis & Petrification:12
Breath Weapon:12
Spells:14

Gear
Iron Torc
Ring mail, helmet, small shield
Sling, 1 handed axe
Backpack, 6 torches, tinderbox

Wealth
0 gp
5 sp
2 cp

Spells

Hirelings/Retainers
Last edited by mistere29 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by mistere29 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 am

Got a preliminary sheet up, don't I get extra hp for con and being a fighter?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 am

Nice work Mistere29; Valorn the lawful dwarf it shall be.

You can check up the fighter and dwarf stats online--not forgetting that dwarfs save-as 4 levels higher (so Valorn will save as a 5th level fighter).

Your Prime Requisite is 15 (14 strength, +1 due to 13 wisdom), which gives an XP bonus of +5%.

Ring mail armour is AC 7 (front/rear), a helmet deducts 1 (front/rear), and a small shield deducts 1 (front). So Valorn's AC will be 5/6 (front/rear).

With 13 intelligence, he'll know up to 5 languages presumably starting with Urulgan (aka "Dwarfish") and Illiberal (aka "Common"). Empyrean (aka "Lawful") is optional (its primary use being for pompous Church talk/writings among Men--but it can still be useful for identifying allies of Men).
Literacy counts as 1 language.

I am in the process of re-writing the house rules around HD and hp but yes; your starting HD are 1+2 as a 1st level fighter, with a +1 for 15 constitution. So overall your starting HD are 1+3. I rolled a 5 on your hit point die, so you will start out with 8 hit points on day one.

Note that all hit dice will be re-rolled after every stop over in a safe haven (i.e., between adventures).

Have a go at updating your sheet, below.

Return to “Retired Threads”