Primordial Ooze...

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 am

Re: Primordial Ooze...

mushgnome wrote:How would Luitger-whose-family-was-murdered-by-goblins feel about adventuring with a guore? Probably better than he would enjoy traveling with a goblin!
Dang, I was really liking the goblin rat-catcher concept :D

p.s. +1 damage for high strength is for tha fighters only...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:07 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:How would Luitger-whose-family-was-murdered-by-goblins feel about adventuring with a guore? Probably better than he would enjoy traveling with a goblin!
Dang, I was really liking the goblin rat-catcher concept :D

p.s. +1 damage for high strength is for tha fighters only...
Ah, rats! I was hoping if I made him dual class fighter/ratcatcher he would get the +1 to melee damage (and maybe a prime requisite bonus to XP), no?

I edited the character sheet accordingly, chose the low score for coin (50sp) which had the result of swapping the 16 from Str to Int. Now he is a clever dwarf!
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:01 am

mushgnome wrote:I was hoping if I made him dual class fighter/ratcatcher he would get the +1 to melee damage (and maybe a prime requisite bonus to XP), no?
A fighter/rat-catcher would indeed sum the XP bonus from his two PRs (strength and wisdom), and would also enjoy +1 to damage for high strength. However, you would need to declare that you are dual-classed from the outset, and could never revert. Effectively, each dual-/treble-classed option is an alternative "class" in its own right; the "fighter/magic-user" is a class option in the same way that "fighter" or "magic-user" are class options.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by Eris » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:35 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Eris wrote:All in all, pretty mediocre all around. Any advice on what I should play?
I think eris got the toughest break, this time around.
Still, there might be a really fun character hiding in there... lo! It's a dwarf fighter!

[ 4, 4, 4 ], ... str 12 (a capable, dwarf-sized, arm)
[ 4, 4, 4 ], ... 120 sp (gets him good dwafish plate armor)
[ 3, 5, 2 ], ... int 10 (he speaks common and dwarf, numbers and letters are fer girls)
[ 2, 3, 1 ], ... wis 6 (he's always sayin stuff he shouldn't, and trampin' where he shouldn't)
[ 2, 3, 2 ], ... con 8 (so he's short. What of it? dwarfs are meant to be short!)
[ 2, 4, 1 ], ... dex 7 (arrows are for pansy elves anyway)
[ 1, 2, 1 ]] ... cha 3! This guy is a *legendary* boor! He has an inappropriate remark or mannerism for every occasion.

Charima 3 could be the real *feature* of this PC... if you wanted to play it that way.
I think I like that! Okay, I'll go with Gunther the Dwarven Fighter. He's Gunt by name and a Grunt by nature. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 pm

So we have

Eris Dwarf Fighter
Mushgnome Dwarf RC
ehiker133 Human Ranger
Tonneau Human MU

So far... We have 4 undeclared still :) myself included. Anyone else know what they are going to run?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:33 pm

Acodispo, your rolls are as follows:

7 # (3 # d6) →
[[ 4, 4, 4 ], ...
[ 4, 3, 1 ], ...
[ 4, 5, 6 ], ...
[ 4, 4, 6 ], ...
[ 2, 4, 3 ], ...
[ 3, 6, 2 ], ...
[ 2, 4, 4 ]]

You may wish to review the Hinterlands character generation rules, then speculate here in this thread. Enjoy!

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:30 am

I'm going for something simple: a Human Fighter! Though his abilities lend him an interested flavour:
  Code:
Str 12
Int 8
Wis 15
Con 14
Dex 12 (human bonus)
Cha 11
sp 100
He's not the brightest (of a low background, with no book-learning), but he makes up for it with a keen intuition. He's a tough little bugger, and spry -- and he's got a vicious streak in him. He enjoys the thrill of fighting -- but not fighting fair! I name him Wetzel the Small!
  Code:
Wetzel the Small
Neutral Human Fighter

Str 12
Int 8    (Gothic, Illiberal)
Wis 15   (+5% XP)
Con 14
Dex 12
Cha 11

Equipment (57lbs): 

ordinary clothing (worn)

horsebow (40sp, 5lbs)
   quiver (4sp)
      arrows, 20 (10sp, 5lbs)

spear (3sp, 5lbs)
   dagger (3sp, 2lbs)

padded armor (10sp, 10lbs)
   helmet (10sp, 5lbs)

bedroll (10lbs)
   backpack (holds 15/30lbs)
      rations, 1 man week (15sp, 7lbs)
      torches, 6 (1sp, 5lbs)
      tinderbox (1sp)
      cloak, hooded (1/2sp, 2lbs)
      whetstone (3cp)
      fife, wooden (2sp, 1lb)
      water skin
      ordinary supplies for one week

coin purse
      3 cp
Here he is playing his fife by a river, with nobody but an owl for company:

[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Tonneau » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 am

Here is a Ooze-up of my char:

Gertrude Klara Knutt

Human
MU: 1

S: 5
I: 17
W: 11
C: 9
D: 12
Ch: 12

Spells:
Epifinication
Renquist's Serendipitous Augmentum
The Amiable Colloquy
Fedor's Tocsin of Exceptionable Infringment
Murtle's Verecund Transmogrification
The Impalpable Aegis
The Obfuscessence
Fedor's Importunate Pretermission
The Occlusive Prestidigitatum

Stuff:
Clothing [low-cut patterned dress in blue with faded yellow flowers showing ample, if vintage, bosom; travelling cloak trimmed with cat motif; long blue woolen scarf]
Backpack (handbag containing array of strange ingredients "for cooking")
Bedroll (knitted blanket - squirrel pattern)
Food (1 week)
Waterskin (black and white rabbit skins)
coin purse [designer brand of course]
Basket containing her cats, "Stephan" and "Elke"

A second edition copy of Dagmaer's Gastronomy for the Road

Bio:
Gertrude is on the hunt; for her missing son and, perhaps, a man to fill the gap left by her useless husband when he managed to run the ox-plow over himself. Though her 'sunflower days' are now long past, she remains an uncannily spritely figure for her years, and her sharp wit is more than enough for most that would stand in her way. Then there's her cooking...
Last edited by Tonneau on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 am

Excellent job of setting the responsive bar high, Acodispo! ;)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:04 am

ehiker133 wrote:Excellent job of setting the responsive bar high, Acodispo! ;)
Just a slow evening, that's all. :)
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Return to “Character Generation”