(052) Reckoning the Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mushgnome » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: (052) Reckoning the Abbey

Highbough, like Desmond, is curious if the glamour has been lifted from the Abbey. (He was impressed by the power of the magical effect.) Highbough volunteers to climb the bell tower and have a look around. His night vision is keen, and if nothing else, he would see the light of any nearby campfires. He reminds the party that he and Olaf placed a rope for easy access to the rooftops. Perhaps it would be safer from wolves to sleep elevated above ground level? If there is a second-story guard-tower, balcony, overhang, or similar on the premises where the party could take shelter from the elements, that would make a defensible campsite.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Eris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:34 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Eris wrote:Olaf says to Dieter, "Here, let me carry him. I'm less useful in a fight without my armor, and that way you'll be unencumbered."

If Dieter aggrees, Olaf puts the halfling on his back, piggy back style, "Oof! One of you has bad breath." he comments.
Desmond, from the back of Gustave, replies, "hmmmm..." then quickly tilts his head to the side, smacking Mondes in the ear.

"Ow! Ge'er off me, ya nit!" grumbles Mondes.

"Must be Rufus, then, 'cause I've still got Modes over here," Desmond finishes with a chuckle.
OOC: I write it off to the after effects of Drogan's cure. ;)

"Oh, right!" Olaf slurs out, "I'm still having a bit of trouble with me thinking straight...don't take *two* swigs of Drogan's brew unless you've got a Dwarf's constitution!"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:37 pm

coffee wrote:
Eris wrote:Olaf says to Dieter, "Here, let me carry him. I'm less useful in a fight without my armor, and that way you'll be unencumbered."

If Dieter aggrees, Olaf puts the halfling on his back, piggy back style, "Oof! One of you has bad breath." he comments.
"Good thinking," Dieter says, handing over his diminutive charge.

He then draws his sword, takes a few steps from the others, and scans the environs seeking any sign of a threat.
"If I have to dump you, to fight, I'll let you know before I do it." Olaf says, adjusting his charge on his back.

Olaf, who wasn't down stairs asks, "What happened to your eyes, anyway?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:39 pm

sully wrote:Dorgan will counsel, "I think we oughtta camp within the walls of the monastery, if not inside the buildings. There are wolves (and worse prob'ly) that walk the night. At least in here, we'll know our enemy should it poke its head thru that portal again."

Dorgan will keep one eye out if they should pass by any corpses with salvageable boots.
"If we camp in here, we need to find a secure place with a lockable door." Olaf says, "Otherwise, I'd say get as far from here as we can before nightfall and keep going as long as we have moonlight."

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:40 am

Wen listens to the banter of setting camp and and then adds his opnion. "I'd rather eat the remains of that ooze back there then stay any longer in this abbey. Let's get as far away as we can while the light is still strong."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Josiane: "Hoot! Hoot! Hoo-hoo-hoooot! Hoot!"

"Hoot?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:34 am

mushgnome wrote:Highbough will take a few deep breaths of the night air, listening if the owl is trying to communicate something or just hooting. If nothing strange happens, he will return to the others and sound the "all clear."
| The ref uses the "magic swords communication" table to detemine the owl's capacity... |

Invisible Highbough senses an undercurrent of persistent concern in the owl's hooting... though it doesn't fly off.

A waits to a steady count of 100 heartbeats, but observes no change in the atmosphere (nor the owl), so silently returns to his fellows still in the infirmary.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:40 am

| Everyone over to thread 053 please... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”