(050) The Heart of Woe

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:56 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

ehiker133 wrote:
"Blimey..." whispers Desmond, "I'd forgotten about those blokes!" He hurries to catch up to Dorgan.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:43 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

flightcommander wrote:
Armando and Josiane inspect the relics. "Yes, I concur with your assessment of these items €” they are of paltry value," he agrees. "However ... " Then, peering side to side conspiratorially, he draws from the sack hidden beneath his cloak the velvet-swaddled pearl, and carefully withdraws the covering.

"... What, then, is your estimation of this, gentle knight?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

doctorx wrote:
Josiane's eyes go wide at the appearance of the holy pearl. She gasps out her customary; "Goodness!"

She makes all haste to examine the sacred artefact to see if she can determine its nature.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:23 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

tonneau wrote:
Gustave raises a brow at Josiane's exclamation as she peers within the folds of Armando's cloak, but manages (with considerable effort) to bite his tongue. Instead he nods to Dorgan, "I concur my dear dwarf, we should see to the rest of our troop ere we move on again. If we can regroup with all our number here, I then propose that we cleanse this place once and for all before we see what loot we can extract from its remains. There are bills to pay, after all..."

"If you could watch my back, my dear flamefingers", he continues, turning now to Ulric, "I would be willing to poke my head into the main hall to see what stirs within while our brethren see what has become of our campsite minders."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

heartless wrote:
"I agree" says Rufus. "Lets finish what we came for and regroup and explore and clear out this place, so we have something to show for our efforts".

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

ehiker133 wrote:
[color=e61942]OOC: "Wibert! How the heck are ya, man? Haven't seen you in a while!"

Think you mean Rufus, Heartless. [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img][/color]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

danhem wrote:
tonneau wrote:"If you could watch my back, my dear flamefingers", he continues, turning now to Ulric, "I would be willing to poke my head into the main hall to see what stirs within while our brethren see what has become of our campsite minders."
"I believe we've agreed to leave the altar and it's fiend-spewing pit for now Gustave," Ulric says. "We know what is there, but we don't know what else is crawling around these upper buildings. Nor is our main exit secured. The pit will wait. Let's see what other secrets this place holds."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:48 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

verhaden wrote:
Torben

"Too many secrets, I expect," Torben nods. "Lead the way."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:
danhem wrote:Josiane, doesn't your order keep their best relics in their crypts?"
O.O.C: Erm... ways? Do they? [img]images/smiley/undecided.png[/img] [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Can Josiane determine anything further about the artefacts Armando has recovered?
Everyone knows that the nobility like to keep as much of their private wealth as is "decent" with them in their crypts for eternity, and the higher echelons of the Temple do likewise. But these things are managed mainly by the Men of Faith in the big towns and cities. The Sisters of Mercy are much humbler sorts, and probably reserve their relics for use of the living.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough nods the affirmative, invisibly.

Return to “Hinterlands”