(043) New Venture's Eve

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

waysoftheearth wrote:
The company members return to manse having achieved the day's chores.

Bennug and the Goblin staff have returned also, and have begun preparations for the evening meal.

I'll assume that the gathered adventurers will want plot a course for the next adventure over a hearty dinner.

I'll also assume that those who are ready to level up will want to get a good night's sleep before the morrow's trial.

Let's plot and plan the next adventure folks...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:31 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

eris wrote:
"Well, we couldn't find any hirelings to go along with us at The Jolly Noose." Olaf tells the others, "It appears that the Snorks are paying off adventurous types to stay in town and leave the Hinterlands alone."

"I guess we'll go alone, or try to pick up recruits from elsewhere...where ever that is." Olaf continues softly so the servants don't overhear, "Someone needs to do something about the blockade they have put on this town. Soon there won't be anything coming in or going out that isn't controlled completely by the Snorks. Then where will *we* be?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan speaks up. "I've changed my mind about our next move. We should get outta town and finish our quest fer the Sisters. We shouldn't be so tied ta this place, 'specially considerin' we're so poor, we won't be able ta pay the rent next month."

The dwarf strokes his beard. "Not ta mention, we kin get a better idea a' why them Snorks are blocking traffic to the city from out there."

"Only thing we gotta do is figure out what to do with the Guore. Can't let the servants find him." Dorgan looks around at everyone with a severe look on his face. "We should kill him. Anyone responsible fer stealin' the Marrowstone from the Mountain deserves death."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

eris wrote:
sulldawga wrote:Dorgan speaks up. "I've changed my mind about our next move. We should get outta town and finish our quest fer the Sisters. We shouldn't be so tied ta this place, 'specially considerin' we're so poor, we won't be able ta pay the rent next month."

The dwarf strokes his beard. "Not ta mention, we kin get a better idea a' why them Snorks are blocking traffic to the city from out there."

"Only thing we gotta do is figure out what to do with the Guore. Can't let the servants find him." Dorgan looks around at everyone with a severe look on his face. "We should kill him. Anyone responsible fer stealin' the Marrowstone from the Mountain deserves death."
"We don't know he stole it." Olaf says, "Somebody stole it and put it in that Golum. Somebody enchanted the Guore. Somebody created and brought those metal plates into our basement. We don't know who those somebodies were, yet. Asking the Guore is the best chance we'll have to find out, so I'm against killing him now."

"But yeah, I agree we need to go do that mission for the Sisters and earn some money as soon as we can." says Olaf, "Bringing some balance to the town will have to come later."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:22 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
"Fulfilling our ob-li-ga-tion," (said with emphasis) "to the sisters will no doubt earn us extra coin, by way of plunder, we can use to pay our rent here AND help outfit ourselves with what we need, be it men or gear, to release the strangle hold the goblins have on this town."

Desmond frowns, "As for the stinky dwarf... I said it before and I'll say it again. We shoulda left him down where he was in his sleeping cell until we had the rest of the basement explored. As far as I'm concerned, we should put him BACK down there and leave him, whether we explore the rest of the area or not."

"Regardless of what you decide to do with him, we must fulfill our quest for the sisters. I'll not be on their bad side! And we still have a member of our party what needs some additional healing by them."

Desmond sits back in his chair, content with having his thoughts said aloud.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

tonneau wrote:
"Gentlemen...and, er lady", says Gustave, with a tip of his head toward Josiane, "it seems we have a consensus, on one thing at least."

"We should make for the hills on the morrow. The supplies ably secured by our worth warrior maiden are not all we hoped for - certainly there is a serious paucity of wine in our larder - but what we have should see us through. It seems in any case that 'foraging' may be the preferred option even in town if the current situation continues."

"As for the gu-wore, let us first see if your knowledgeable comrades have come up with anything to rouse him", he suggests, glancing at Ulric and Highbough," and if not, I propose we leave him concealed where he is. He has, after all, slept well enough until now."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 am

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough has spent the day studying the craftsman's journal and shares all that he has learned.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

doctorx wrote:
Josiane comes in from tending to Murphy the mule, ensuring his coat has been brushed and that he has had a good meal from the animal feed she has purchased. She listens quietly but intently to the unfolding discussion, blanching a little at Dorgan's suggestion of killing the sleeping Guore, but smiling slightly at Olaf's response.

"I am more than willing to set forth on the Sister's quest," she says; "If we can indeed do so. It seems efforts are being made to discourage any such excursions. We should be prepared for the same overtures to be made to us. Though of course we shall reject them," she adds, sweeping the party with a stern look.

"As to our guest..." she sighs, seeking silently for guidance from her White Lady...

"I echo Lord Olaf's words," she says at last; "We know too little of this matter to be summarily dispensing judgement and death."

"But I see this matter runs deep with you, my friend," she adds to Dorgan softly, "and that you hold the ways of your people to have most basely violated. I do but ask that we forbear until we know the facts of the matter. If this 'Guore' is innocent, he may have information that will lead us to the true guilty party. But if otherwise, rest assured my judgement will stand beside yours."

A grey light flickers briefly in her eyes that the others have not seen since their trials in the Gottfried crypt.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 am

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
If our dwarf votes to kill their dwarf, then Highbough seconds.
Regarding our immediate plans, his suggestion is to get out of town (he's not cut out for city living) and travel light. He'll contribute a few coins to cover his meager share of rations and supplies.
I was away-from-the-keyboard while Highbough was at the library researchin', so I honestly don't know what he uncovered. I think the golem-maker is that creepy old wizard up at the ogre's gatehouse where Highbough first joined the party (and where we were chased off by the giant). We should steer clear of there until we're higher level, run this errand for the sisters first. Also he thinks we should bring the cursed sword from the crypt, as a secret weapon in case we have to face any vengeful angelic-types on our holy quest.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

sulldawga wrote:
doctorx wrote:"As to our guest..." she sighs, seeking silently for guidance from her White Lady...

"I echo Lord Olaf's words," she says at last; "We know too little of this matter to be summarily dispensing judgement and death."
Dorgan sighs deeply at Josiane's words.

"So be it. Decide amongst yerselves what ta do with the Guore and then let's be off, with no more delay."

Return to “Hinterlands”