(088) The Undervaults


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:14 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

As Walfried listens at the door, Morin bends down and whispers to Boggs. "Do you recall the collapsed passage above? Perhaps the rubble here is related. We must find a way to orient ourselves soon." Morin casts his lantern light about the room, trying to determine if it might be safe to traverse it.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Boggs wrinkles his already compressed features, figuring for a moment. There's no sign of what might be above, but he reckons they are pretty near, but not directly under the subsided passageway they glimpsed on the upper level. Still.. there'd have to be a good 30ft foot of earth between this level and the one above if the stair descending to the dragon nest be anything to go by.

Meanwhile, Morin can't see any immediate risk and Walfried makes his way to the nearer door and listens... his ear report a slow but ominous bloop... bloop... sound, reminiscent of a fell morass. It seems quite close by...
  Code:
....................
......+--------+....
......|........|....
......|........I.C..
....B.I........|....
......|...x....|....
......|........|....
....--+........|....
...A--+--------+....
....................

Entered via arch A.
Walfried listens at door B.

Listening check: 1d6=?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 488

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Brother Walfried shakes his head in a negative at his comrades, whispering: "Not this door," and crosses gingerly to the second door, having a listen there as well.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Skirting the forlorn timber strut, Walfried approaches and listens at the door opposite. This time his ears betray no discernible noise beyond...
Listening check 1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 488

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Brother Walfried puts his helmet back on, then tries the silent door.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1025

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Boggs follows Brother Walfried.
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:26 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Morin joins them at the door.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Walfried opens the door without resistance, to see a stone passageway extending some 30ft ahead, before turning a right angle to his left.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 488

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: (088) The Undervaults

Walfried beckons everyone through, then closes the door gently behind them.

He whispers: "I've completely lost my sense of directions in these damned tunnels. But we must get some distance between us & the dragon." He pauses, looking back the way they came in a disconcerted fashion. "And there was something ... glorpy behind that other door."

He takes a few steps down the passage.

"I'm happy to consider alternatives, but I suggest we explore this way."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1025

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 am

Re: (088) The Undervaults

"Hush now," whispers Boggs. He creeps 30' down the passageway and listens for noise. If he doesn't hear anything, then he peeks around the corner. If the coast is clear then he gestures for his friends to join him.
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software