(086) An Eerie Decampment


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:40 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

As Leudigar and Karl look on, a boat some kind is partially revealed, lazily drifting by in the mist, perhaps 50-60ft from the shore. It must be a pleasure craft; it is low slung, broad of beam, and hewn of tailored spires. Gaily coloured pennants are hung over the rails and from lines overhead, though there are no sails--nor any wind to fill them. A dozen or more regal-looking folk are aboard; singing, chatting, and laughing as servants carry platters and drinks between them...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 665

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Karl stands, staring. Whatever he was expecting, it wasn't this.

(But on the plus side, he doesn't have the wit to move so they might not notice him...)
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1665

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Leudiger doesn't let his guard down and whispers for Karl not to, either.

He whispers, "Not what I expected, either. And look. No wind in their sails, yet they move forward easily enough. Let's be cautious and watch them a bit longer before we embrace them with open arms..."

Leudigar keeps his bow ready, but does not draw it back. Instead, he waits and observes the vessel and tries to get a better look at who is on it and what they might be about.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

The pleasure cruiser drifts lazily on, apparently drawn by whatever current stirs this strange water. It grows larger then either Karl or Leudigar thought possible; the indulgent "barge" must be at least 30-40 yards long... in fact they can no longer see where it begins or ends in the mist. The folk aboard might be elves; certainly there is a fey grace to them, as they drink wine and eat grapes. Yet they seem indifferent to everything around them... not one has deigned to notice either of the Men standing upon the near shore...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 665

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

waysoftheearth wrote:... not one has deigned to notice either of the Men standing upon the near shore...


And I'm fine with that...
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1665

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

While Karl keeps an eye on the barge, Leudigar takes a moment to scan the banks of the shore on either side of them, wondering if it might be some sort of trap.

If he spots nothing, he whispers, "Do we say something to them? Or hold our tongues? Seems like they might know where we are and what we need to do to leave this place. Or at the very least, they're the only people we've seen here..."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 665

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

"I don't know," Karl whispers back. "I haven't had a lot of luck lately talking to strangers."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1665

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Leudigar nods in agreement and sits quietly for a few seconds. Then he mutters, "Feck it." and stands up.

He waves his arms in the air and calls out, "Halloooo..."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 665

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

"I'm running out of comrades," Karl mutters to himself, but he steps forward as well.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1665

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

coffee wrote:"I'm running out of comrades," Karl mutters to himself, but he steps forward as well.


(*snicker* Just be glad I'm not Desmond, yo!)
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software