(086) An Eerie Decampment


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Freid, upon hearing the sound behind, whirls. Seeing the knight a-horse, Freid dives to his right, raising his shield to take a blow from the knight's sword or to deflect the horse's hooves as it charges past.

If he survives the initial charge, Freid will try to stay on the side of the horse away from the knight's sword arm and slash his sword at the saddle straps trying to unhorse the rider.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16441

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

The Passage

Fried and Zem throw themselves aside just in time for the knight to thunder by. Zem turtles down, while Fried attempts to unhorse the rider, but his swing is hopelessly late. The knight doesn't swing first or after or in fact, give any hint that he may have noticed either of them at all as he charges after Karl and Leudigar. Fried and Zem have scarcely regained their balance as the knight passes beneath the arch and vanishes into the mist...
Fried's attack throw: 1d20=4.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16441

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

The Pool

The pool seems quite serene, so Leudigar and Karl approach cautiously. The ranger notes that the water is clear and cool; a bed of round pebbles visible in the shallows. Meanwhile, Karl thinks he hears a vague echo from out across the pool... what is that? Soon the both of them are intermittently hearing distant voices. Maybe even singing or laughter? Someone, or several someones, are concealed out there in the mist...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Leudigar turns back and looks to see what is keeping Zem and Fried so long...
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 653

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Karl moves a few more feet around the pool (toward the left), trying to pierce the mist with his eyes but also straining for meaning with his ears.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem would quickly try to catch up to the others after the "Dark Knight" passes.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

After the horseman passes by, Fried rises and moves after him into the bright mist of the arch.

As he runs forward he shouts, "Look out behind you!"hoping his two companions hear his warning in time.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16441

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

The Pool

Neither Leudigar or Karl see Fried or Zem yet, but they are not worried; they're right behind. The pool is rather tranquil, and the distant voices sound merry. Squinting into the mist, Karl thinks he spies a shadow drifting through the mist... perhaps it's a boat or a barge on the lake? As it draws nearer the laughter and singing is growing more distinct...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16441

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem and Fried over to thread 87 please...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Leudigar narrows his eyes, trying to get a good look at what the shadow in the mist is.

Always on the cautious side, he readies his bow, arrow resting lightly on the string.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software