(086) An Eerie Decampment


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem and Fried search around the starting hall for anything else that might be concealed by the eerie mist. Fortuntely or unfortunately, the mist seems to continue to dissipate, clearly the area but reducing the light as it does so. The space is almost completely dimmed by the time the pair are satisfied that there is nothing else to find...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Meanwhile, at the end of the adjacent passage/path, Karl follow Leudigar into the bright, misty clearing...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

If there is nothing to find, Freid hurries after Leudigar calling for Zem to,"Come on! Don't let's get separated from Leudigar and Karl!"

Freid is looking around, yes, but he'll still just be behind Karl by only a few strides going through the bright mist.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:55 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem would dutifully follow after the others.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:25 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Eris wrote:If there is nothing to find, Freid hurries after Leudigar calling for Zem to,"Come on! Don't let's get separated from Leudigar and Karl!"

Freid is looking around, yes, but he'll still just be behind Karl by only a few strides going through the bright mist.

Hmm, it's a case of having your cake, or eating it. Fried and Zem spent a move searching so, logically, they are a move behind the other two. Karl has mail armor, so it's about 40-50ft at most...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Karl and Leudigar plunge into the misty clearing... the bright mist curls around them like smoke, except that it is as bright as any snow-glare. They sense there must be water ahead by the fresh, dampness of the mist and, soon, by the tell-tale trickle sounds indicating the gentle movement of liquid. Ah, there it is; a broad pool. Or is it a lake? The mist obscures the opposite side/bank, but it feels like a wide and tranquil space... it is difficult to see much further than 10-20ft at most.
What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem and Fried hurry after the others, who are still visible down the passage way, just passing under an overgrown arch into a misty space beyond.

Fried is just saying something about not getting separated when Zem (behind due to his heavy pack), is alerted to a racket behind. Someone must have opened a secret portal and--amazingly!--a black knight on a warhorse lurches out and comes charging right up the passage way from behind them! He's in black plate armor of an eerie elvish style, with a curved shield and cruel mace, and he don't look like he's stopping for anything...
The knight will hit imminently. What orders for Dwarf and Man, good sirs?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 665

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Does Karl hear the knight charging his comrades? If so, he'll turn to aid them. If not, he'll continue to explore, not getting too far away from Leudigar.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem does a quick calculation in his head and knows he will never outrun a horse so he turns and moves as far against one side as possible. He readies himself to dodge to one side and get behind the rider figuring that's the safest place to be. If the rider seems to be preparing to swing at him he will parry with his axe.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1666

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

If Leudigar likewise doesn't hear the horse and knight, then he examines the lake more closely, checking the water to see if it appears potable.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software