(086) An Eerie Decampment


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 525

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:19 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Freid shakes himself, as if waking from a dream, and looks around. He stands and checks his arms and armor,
then checks his pack and bags.

Freid is willing, he just wants to get out of this place! :)

So, as I understand it everyone has 9 HP except Freid who has 10 HP, right?

And what about all of our arms, armor, and the treasure we recovered. What do we all have?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Karl takes stock of his situation, now that his head seems clearer. He reaches for his sword (not to draw it, just to see if it's there.)
Yeah, that's my question. Are we completely equipped? Armored but not armed? Treasure laden or destitute?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:54 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Answers will be forthcoming shortly; What does Zem check/look for?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1494

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:53 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem gets no reply to his question but sees the others patting themselves, for some reason he reaches to where his Axe normally hangs. Then wonders what is on his back, his pack, is it still filled with gold?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem finds his axe exactly where it should be, and his pack full of gold weighs upon his shoulders. But that is all he has with him.

Karl's mail creaks as he reaches for his sword, but he's relieved when the hilt comes to his hand. At least he has his mail and his trusty sword.

Fried checks for his arms, and finds himself carrying his sword and shield, but nothing more.

Leudigar quickly ascertains he as the silvered Bleakmass blade and his horsebow (with half a dozen arrows) in its holster. But the long knife he recovered from the goblin chief is missing, as are the rest of his possessions.

This seems rather inexplicable, but it is what it is. The mist seems to be thinning out...

What now?
Fried didn't specify which "arms" he checked for, so the ref goes with the first two listed on his sheet... which are: sword, shield.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Karl looks for a way out. As long as he has his sword and mail and his good right arm, there is nothing that can hold him down for long!

If there is a way out, he'll listen first and then look for any opposition. These elves are crafty, and sneak up where nobody should be able to.

Then, if there is indeed no perceptible opposition, he will proceed out of the holding area and begin to explore, motioning the others to join him.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1641

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Leudigar frowns at the loss of his new knife and the meager number of arrows in his quiver. But he has the heft of the silvered Bleakmass sword on his hip and a strong bow in his hands, so he knows he at least has a fighting chance.

He begins taking stock of where they are, how they might get out of wherever they are, and where they might go if they can leave.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1494

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

Zem frowns"What's going on, do we dream? Where are those Elves?"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 525

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:17 pm

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

"Something strange!" mutters Freid, "I'd bet there's some sort of magic involved in all this."

"I have my sword and shield, but other than that, I appear to have been picked clean."
Fried frowns, "How about the bars that were on this cell. If they are gone, or the gate is unlocked, then let's get out of this place."

Freid tests the bars and the gate that has kept them inside the cell. If he can find a way out of this prison cell he'll open the way for the others to follow.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16411

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 am

Re: (086) An Eerie Decampment

waysoftheearth wrote:They alone are sitting in a narrow, misty hall or chamber. Whatever walls there may be are obscured by the limbs of many trees and saplings, overgrown with vines and creepers, that taper together overhead.

It is cool, and not quite dark. Perhaps 'tis a moonlit night beyond the shadowy canopy above, or perhaps 'tis the faerie mist itself that casts the dim, silvery light by which these four see? Whatever, 'tis clear to them that there is a crowded passage which leads out of this cramped space...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software