(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 21, 2017 1:32 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried leans on the far door, giving it a decent shove with his shoulder, but it seems to be stuck fast.
1d6=2
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin presses the point: "the 'main' hallway should be explored to its terminus before the party opens portals from the side chambers."
We have so far scattered the party and opened several flanks. We should regroup, and send a small contingent to explore to the end of the hallway before other avenues are similarly exploited in a systematic fashion — I propose two Boggsmen, any Dwarf, and one of Morin/Mero/Walfried/Lemmi. The rest should stay near the portal into the BOAT ROOM. (I believe we also left two fellows back at the "flower shop" ANTE ROOM.) We have limited light sources, and should expend them establishing the lay of the tunnels on this first expedition.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1038

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sun May 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs says, "Setting fire to the boat is a bad idea. We'd make a lot of smoke and burn up any treasure inside. Maybe as a last resort, if we need to create a diversion or block pursuit. Morin if you are putting together a scouting party, count me in. I'll bring two of my men and leave two with the main party."
Boggs currently has four men in the boat room and two men in the hallway, watching the ante room door.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron voices his opinion "We should find the room that suits the party best for battle, set up there, and then send out scouts to open doors and lure enemies to fight them on their chosen battlefield."
I'm against burning the boat. This appears to be the biggest room we've found so far. Let's set up here and send some small groups to scout and open doors.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 383

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Mon May 22, 2017 4:12 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"And I'll be joinin' you, master dwarf", Lemmi says to Boggs. "A simple girl can't help much these big fightin' men, but I know mi way 'round a shadow"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon May 22, 2017 4:22 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin agrees with the Dwarf's suggestions and assembles the small party in the hallway outside the boat room. The group proceeds down the corridor, makes the left turn, and approaches the next door.
A possible marching order would be:

F-F
B-m
L
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 506

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried waves to the departing scouting party. He then busies himself. He places an unlit torch over the threshold of the opened door beyond the longship, and pulls the door to, till it's only just held open by the width of the torch. There he stations himself, listening for noise from beyond the portal.
Last edited by acodispo on Tue May 23, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1038

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs takes Werner's torch and steps to the front. "Werner and Klaus, I'll sweep for traps, you back me up with your spears. If there's any fighting, we'll switch places." He leads the way along Morin's suggested route.
A couple of proposed/revised marching orders for the scout party:

B
F-F
L-m

or

B
m-F
L-F
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Note that Morin already carries a lantern. If Boggs carries a torch, perhaps your first proposed marching order works best, as we'll have light at the fore and at the rear. Morin is fine with that — proceed!

BTW: Brother Walfried, Morin likes the cut of your jib!
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

With a bit of shuffling and cursing, and switching places Boggs merry party is assembled in the passageway. Meanwhile Brother Walfried assumes his watch, the rest occupy themselves with discussions of burning the boat, its ultimately purpose, and so on.
This concludes turn four.

1d6=?

I have first move orders for Boggs' party's turn five already. Anyone else..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software