Page 42 of 47

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm
by sully
acodispo wrote:Brother Walfried waves to the departing scouting party. He then busies himself. He places an unlit torch over the threshold of the opened door beyond the longship, and pulls the door to, till it's only just held open by the width of the torch. There he stations himself, listening for noise from beyond the portal.


As mentioned above, there's an unlit torch holding open a door that Chiron could look for.

There are three Boggsmen corpses in the boat room and it seems reasonable to assume one of them, if not all of them, was carrying torches. Whenever the party split up, one time into three separate groups, a Boggsman was a torchbearer.

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm
by Tonneau
Lemmi allows herself a nervous grin.

She follows the beast with her ears. If the sounds indicate a continued pursuit, she slides out of the tunnel and back into the treasure room. Feeling her way around the wall, she hunts the stair once again.
Is there sufficient starlight from above to make out anything in the chamber?

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 am
by waysoftheearth
Chiron/The Boat Room

Chiron hastily recovers three torches that were dropped by his fallen comrades. Alas, the carnage! Turning over the bodies and going through their packs will take more time...
Grabbing the three torches takes minimal time/effort. If Chiron wants to dig thru the packs of the fallen, that will take a bit longer and warrant a monster check.

What now?

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 am
by waysoftheearth
Lemmi

Lemmi listens long enough for the slithering sound of the wyrm to recede, and then counts twenty heartbeats for good measure. With no sound to betray her, she slips back in to the lair and makes a beeline for the stair...
The ref makes a monster check. If it comes up a 6, it will mean the dragon has out-foxed her and is waiting to pounce.... 1d6=2! No dragon.

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 am
by waysoftheearth
Lemmi

...by the blue star-light the girl-thief virtually runs all the way up the narrow stair that curls around the broad, circular hole to jumps back into the huge chimney room. By the silvery illumination, she can see the place is empty, but for the bodies of the poor brave fellows slain by the first dragon. Ye Gads! Her pockets are overfull of dragon-got jewels!
Where to now?

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 pm
by sully
Chiron creeps over to the door and listens for any signs of either his companions or the dragon.


Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am
by Tonneau
Lemmi rejoices quietly at achieving the heights of the stair un-eaten. She ponders her next move while suppressing the joy of pockets brimming with loot - now which way was out?

sully wrote:Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?


Ditto - Lemmi wants the express exit, but taxing my brain remembering via which room that was 6 months ago (mere minutes (and 2 dragons) ago for our heroine)

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am
by waysoftheearth
I didn’t have dragons chasing me, but you think I can remember?? If you can tell the names of the adjoining spaces without their Cartesian coordinates, that will be fine.

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm
by sully
Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am
by waysoftheearth
sully wrote:Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.

Ideally, this would represent a character in-game creating, and possessing the same. Pretty sure Chiron has the appropriate tools on hand... so seems reasonable.