(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 511

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon May 08, 2017 1:36 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim secures his helm on his head, dons his backpack and grips his spear. "Aye, ready."
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin produces from the folds of his cloak a tall and narrow cylinder of delicately filigreed brass. He sets the wick to light and passes through the small portal. Once beyond he raises the lantern aloft to guide the rest of the company through.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The cellar comes alive with eerie lights from Chiron and Morin's lanterns as well as Boggs' man Werner's torch.

Mero, crawls into the open barrel way, and into the rough hewn hole in the stone wall behind it to emerge in a cool dark passage. There is a little pile of rubble below the hole in the wall, and naught but a step down to the floor proper which gives him no trouble.

From the light that issues through the barrel tunnel, behind him, Mero realises he has emerged from the side wall of a 7 or 8ft wide, dead-end passage. To his left, the passage ends in an abrupt, stone wall some 10ft away. To his right, the passage extends 50ft or so, before taken a sharp left turn. The air is still and cool. All is quiet, bar an occasional but distant perturbation of the air...
Dungeon exploration time begins...

What orders for turn one?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 487

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon May 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Walfried armors up, but keeps his shield on his back & his hammer on his belt as he crawls through the passage. On the other side he gets laboriously to his feet, rubbing his left knee & grunting, but making no other complaint. He takes his shield & hammer in hand.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron

Once he emerges into the hallway, Chiron holds his lantern high and takes in the scene.

It would seem that heading to the right would be the prudent move at this juncture of our expedition, no?


Chiron has memorized The Mellifluent Concord.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

While the others file in through the tunnel, Morin faces the dead-end wall to the left, his bright eyes inspecting the surface for any signs of a secret portal.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero dons his armor.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 377

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Tue May 09, 2017 5:31 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi watches with some amusement as the bulky-armoured fighter-types bash and scrape their way through the small passage with much grunting and cursing. She then slips noiselessly through herself without even getting her knees muddy.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin peers intently at the dead end, but he doesn't spot any flaw in the stonework. Meanwhile, it's getting crowded in the passage; someone is going to have to move ahead to make way...
Okay, who is coming thru last?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue May 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron

Suffering from an affliction that tends to kill cats and unarmored mages alike, curiosity, Chiron walks to the right, using his lantern's light to check the floor for signs of movement and the ceiling for signs of spiders. He stops short of the turn in the hallway.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software