(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Einstein in the front scratches his prodigious nads as he ponders this, dislodging a remarkable number of lice and wrigglers, before demanding suspiciously "Wot ova gents?"
reaction check to this worrisome news: 2d6=5. That's on the poorly end... but Lemmi's charisma makes it a more neutral 6.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 334

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Ah no-one ya need worry ya'selves 'bout, just a few kindly gents, such's yerselves" she replies. She racks her brain for the least fearsome individual to start with and comes up unsure. Perhaps someone solid in case things go awry?

"Take Mero here," she says, waving the fighting man into view, "A fine gent. Would'nt 'urt a fly"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 819

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs steps forward and calls out in fluent and friendly Neanderthal, "Yoo-hoo, Lemmi! Where did you go? We are so lost in this dungeon and need help. Did you make new friends?" If the cavemen do not seem hostile then he offers Einstein some iron rations from his pack. "You like salami? Trade food for talk-talk?"
Pending successful results of Mero's action, of course. Don't want to step on any toes.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 334

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Ah...Hi, er, Mero," says Lemmi, giving Boggs a questioning look, "good to see you again. Look...new friends", she indicates the fetid crew of neanderthals with a sweep of her hand.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 214

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Guess I'm Boggs then for the time being," whispers Mero to Orim.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 435

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Ye don't smell as bad as that," Orim whispers back, suppressing a chuckle. He waits until safe for the others to show themselves but remains wary.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Initially started, a couple of the cave folks' eyes are draw to the sausage brandished by the dwarf, and their noses automatically go sniffing. Their interest is piqued in the food distributing midget...

"Sal-aaaah-me?"

"Is it food?"

"It's food ahright," says Einstein to his troops, then to Boggs: ""Give usz da sassie!" pointing at the flopping red cord of meat.
Boggs is small, smells "decent" to them, and talks the cave speak... and besides; 2d6=10. Okay, so they're interested.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 334

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"So, my new friend", says Lemmi to Einstein as he stuff sausage into his gob, emitting a foul new stench and spray of tainted saliva, "How did you come to be 'ere? Have you come 'cross any o' them greenies 'bout?"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 819

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs feeds the cavemen and speaks, "Food! Friends help friends watch-out danger. Which direction scary place? Tell us about Big Bad Boss of dungeon?"
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16259

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:49 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The Neanderthals fall upon Boggs' pack and hurry the food distribution, noshing down with a rare gusto, and demolishing the dwarf's inadequate supplies with much sniffing, "ooow"ing, and wide-eyed interest.
"Mmmm," they grunt.
"Tha were ghuud." they concur.
"Cant tork," intones Einstein, "Eetin"
BhhUUUURP!

When Boggs' food is briefly gone the cave men are licking their lips and fingers and sniffing around for more.
"Big Bad Boss?" asks Einstien at last, "Dunno. We come here from caves yonder" he indicates the doorway behind him. "Wesa boss o da caves."
Boggs please strike off 4 days food.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software