(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16315

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:31 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Despite their size and number, the Neanderthals initially jump back skittishly, brandishing their blunt instruments defensively. But when 'armless little Lemmi appears in the doorway and delivers her proposal, they relax somewhat.
"Iz it food?" grunt several, sniffing the air for a scent of her.
"No you idiots," explains a slightly more cerebral sort, "Itz a Wooo-man."
"Ooooooh" repeat most of them, their brows rising a falling in unison as comprehension dawns.
"Aaaahn... " asks one up the back, cogs turning painfully slowly, "What does it want?"
One of the nearby cavemen whops 'im over the back of the head.
"It sez it wants an al-eye-ens..." says the cerebral one.
"Ooooh" nod a number of them, awed by the ever increasing scope of cave-speak vocabulary.
All important reaction check to Lemmi's non-aggressive appearance: 2d6=8. That would be an "uncertain" result, but Lemmi has a charisma, and a +1 adjustment to reactions, which makes it a 9, which makes a "positive" reaction...

Suffice to say at this point they are open to Lemmi's (non-scary) suggestion.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1154

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron, poised to cast a spell, pauses to listen to their reaction. Seeing that combat is not imminent, he refrains from action and observes further.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 346

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Friends then? Grand." says Lemmi, as if all has been resolved to her expectations.

"So you", she continues, pointing to the feral crew to make this clear, "and me" (pointing to herself) "work tagtha. Yes?"

"We find loot, kill greenskins, and everyone goes 'ome happy. More of us make'sa job easy. Sound good?"

She smiles her best comradely smile.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16315

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The cavemen are positively disposed to Lemmi's "non-scary" proposition, which probably won't extend to "killing greenskins" or anything else that might involve risk. I.e., they're not in Lemmi's servitude or service, but they'll be agreeable to suggestions like bartering or trading "stuff", letting Lemmi pass-by without a fight, formal offers of employment (for payment), and things of that nature.

Anything overtly "scary" would prompt another reaction check. Even revealing the rest of the company might be "scary", depending on how it's handled...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 338

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:33 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin, his lantern baffled, grins in the dim hallway and listens as Lemmi attempts conversation with the cave-men.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16315

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Not versed in the "cave speak", it's all gobbledygook to Morin :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero suspects the cavemen could be paid with food or steel rather than gold. He wonders if they live here or if they are merely resting in this room before traveling on.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 212

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried listens without understanding to the conversation, and tries to breathe quietly.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16315

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"We likes the part 'bout loot", says one of the grunts.
"An' goin' 'ome 'appy", adds another.
"Yeah, yhez," they generally seem to agree.
"But we ain't bustin' for no fightin'" several of them qualify.

"'Ere, wotsa Wooo-maaan doin' all alone-sum down 'ere anyways?" asks the clever one at the front.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 346

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:08 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Well I'm all for no fightin' too as it 'appens. Get in, get out with tha' loot with no-one knowin' the better, if you know what I mean", says Lemmi with a conspiratorial wink.

"But if we have ta fight, its better there be more o'us and less of them yes?"

Seeing (hopefully) the comprehension of this logic reaching the tiny brains deep within their thick skulls, she continues,

"And as fortune would 'av it, I did bring along some kindly gents ta help me out; So, with you kindly gents 'swell, we should 'av no problems with any runty little greenskins we bump inta now should we?"

She waits to see what effect this intelligence has on the Neanderthals before stepping back to reveal any of the other party members.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software