(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 13, 2017 1:32 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

When nothing bursts out of the door, Mero confirms its physicality with his spear, sees no light coming from the crack under it, and hears no sound when he listens cautiously at it. All this being done to his satisfaction, he hands his helmet to Schlags before putting his shoulder to the door and forcing it thru in one swift blow.

Inside, there is a modestly-sized ante, perhaps 20ft by 30ft. Narrow side-boards occupy about three quarters of the left and right-hand walls, each decorated with mismatched assortment of chipped, and muddy old vases. Some are empty, some hold remains of long-dead plants. Not quite directly opposite the entry, there is another door.
listening: 1d6=?, forcing door: 1d6=6
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 220

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sat May 13, 2017 1:47 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Walfried murmurs: "Let's take a quick look around that next corner before we explore this room further."

If there's no objection, he leads the way further down the corridor, and takes a peak 'round the corner, motioning for Schlags to hold out the torch.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 13, 2017 2:56 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried advances another 20ft to look around the corner. By the dim illumination behind him, he sees another dark passageway which turns to the left about 50ft away. 10ft along the passage, there is yet another door to the right...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Sat May 13, 2017 3:02 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero thanks Schlags, and straps back on his helmet.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 832

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sat May 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

While this is happening, Boggs peers through the door into the ante room. He visually scans for tracks or signs of verminous creatures. He looks up at the ceiling for webs or creepers. Finally, does he recognize the dried plants?
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling.[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 14, 2017 3:04 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The company pushes up behind Walfried sufficiently for Boggs to examine the ante... he sees the usual cobwebs above and rat droppings around the floor and only the dusty sideboards. The plants are so withered and dried, it is difficult to tell what they might have been. Mayhap, at some point, they were a pretty arrangement of flowers?
The front part of the company has now advanced beyond the ante door. Staying well formed while backing the company up to enter the room "in order" will be modestly tricky compared to pushing ahead...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 220

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun May 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Hrmph," Walfried ponders, audibly. Then he murmurs to those near him:

"There is another door ahead, and a continuing passageway.

"We'll move ahead & check this door, but ask the Eriff hold back a man or two and take a closer look at the nursery -- check that door for noise beyond, and so forth."


Then he peers at the long crowded line extending down the passageway and seems a little stymied by the logistics of such a large group in such a small space.

"Eh, just pass all that back down the line. And let's find a strong point soon, station a portion of us there, and then send out scouts. We are too unwieldy."

Brother Walfried then advances down the passage, to the next door on the right. He has noticed that Mero has a good routine with the things and will beckon for the fighting-man to take a look, while he keeps watch on the passage beyond.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1162

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sun May 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron opines, Sounds reasonable.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 349

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Sun May 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

acodispo wrote:"Hrmph," Walfried ponders, audibly. Then he murmurs to those near him:

"There is another door ahead, and a continuing passageway.

"We'll move ahead & check this door, but ask the Eriff hold back a man or two and take a closer look at the nursery -- check that door for noise beyond, and so forth."



"Well you can inform 'is Holiness that the eriff says he can use his own ears and so forth, an' that p'rhaps there was some misunderstandin' on his part, but this Lemmi 'aint his wetnurse." Lemmi informs the last inline in the information chain, beaming a grin at them.

"Cant 'ear a bloody thing w'you lot crashin' round anyways; s'a wonder snorks arn't pourin' out the walls by now."
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 832

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon May 15, 2017 12:43 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Quiet as a mouse and using his expert ability to detect traps, Boggs crosses the room and listens at the far door. His men are disciplined and do not push and and shove or make any noise out in the hall.
I agree, we need to find a decent-sized room to use as our base camp and rally point.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling.[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software