(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 210

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Thu May 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The company advances to the door, in proper marching order.
Do we wish to rearrange to put all the armor at the the front for door opening?

That's a nifty skill mushgnome, if Boggs notices the absence of any rat presence, something is likely very very wrong and we should hightail it out of that area!
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 1136

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu May 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

I can't speak for any of the Fighter-types but it does make sense to have a couple PCs leading from the front.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

At first Brother Walfried can be heard muttering "St Wilmod give me patience," but after a moment nudges his way forward through the line, muttering "We need somebody who knows what their doing at the front..."

Passing Boggs, he says, "Tell your lads to keep that torch high & use those spears to attack past me if we meet anything nasty."

Passing Mero, he mutters, "Sir Mero, you & I are bearing arms & are well protected. We should be up front for finding our ways around. Let's save these lads for guarding our backs, & for any scuffles we can see coming."

Once he's reached the corner, he takes a proper look at the corridor, then advances to the door.

Suggested update to marching order.
Moves two mercs to the rear, Walfried to the fore with Mero.

We may also want to consider getting Lemmi towards the front for general exploration (better at listening, trap-finding, etc).
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 210

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero nods assent and approaches the door.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 817

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu May 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs says to his men, "You have done well, Bright Lion Company. Rest for a moment while these men check the door. Keep your spears ready."
I approve the proposed changes to the marching order. Move two of Boggs' men to the back of the marching order; put two men (one with torch) in the second rank behind Mero and Walfried.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 331

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Fri May 12, 2017 12:09 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi observes the shuffling and re-shuffling of noisy, mailed men with an expression of amused disdain. Unable to hear (with the general din of clanging metal and muttered curses) or see (being only a diminutive lass amid a sea of brawny - and for the most part, quite smelly - men) anything much at all, she patiently awaits her opportunity to perform, while (hopefully) things sort themselves out.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 434

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim moves into place, a bit more quietly than the others in his leather armor. He awaits Mero's report on the door. | Marching order looks good. |
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16226

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 13, 2017 12:45 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero and Walfried position themselves in the front rank and see, by the light of Schlags' torch, the passage extends some 50-60ft ahead before turning again to the left. However, about 40ft along, there is a door on the right hand-side of the passage.

The company advances to this first door without incident...
Everyone coming thru the tunnel, assembling a marching order then changing it, and reaching the first door is enough for the first turn.

Let's see if the Underworld notices this intrusion, shall we? 1d6=?

Okay, what orders for turn two?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1136

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

I'm in favor of opening the door.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 210

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Sat May 13, 2017 1:10 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero pauses for a minute to see if anything jumps out form behind the door, then gives it a few light prods with his spear to probe the surface.

He examines the base of the door for light from beyond, then remove his helm to listen for any noise beyond. He wipes the surface of the door where he intends to listen with his cloth, and then presses his ear to the door.

If nothing is detected, he prepares to put his weight into the door.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software