(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 423

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Tue May 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim, watching from the corridor, sees Miro burst through the door. He moves to the now-open door, spear at the ready.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 195

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero catches his feet and turns to survey the room beyond. "Light!" he calls, "I need a torch in here now!"
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 307

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Tue May 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi dawdles around the newly (broken) open door, hoping to slip inside when all the clunking soldier-types are done with their posturing.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1120

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron finds men all around him at every turn. On the one hand, he's forced to wait until space is open to move.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people between him and any threats, so he's content to wait his turn.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 797

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed May 17, 2017 4:52 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs orders his men, Werner (with torch) and Klaus, to follow Mero through the door.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16129

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Amid calls for light, orders being issued, and much tramping, the lead part of the company follows Mero into the next chamber. 'Tis a wide space, perchance exactly what was called for most recently, perhaps 30ft deep by 60-70ft broad. Besides the door Mero has just de-hinged, there are two others; one at the far right end of the room, and the other mid-way along the wall across from the entry portal.

However, occupying most of the room is what appears to be an old, and somewhat incomplete longboat. It's mounted on shipwright's stands a few feet off the ground, as if it were an incomplete project...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 162

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri May 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried skirts the near edge of the room to get to the door in the right wall, pulls off his helm, and has a listen to anything that might be on the other side of said door.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 423

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri May 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Curious, findin' a boat here. If it were finished, how would the shipwright get it out?" Orim asks.

He follows suit and listens at the door across from the entry.
Can we assume that we remove our helm in order to listen at doors?
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16129

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

merias wrote:Can we assume that we remove our helm in order to listen at doors?
Yes, I will assume you remove your helm to listen unless you say otherwise. It takes more time, and temporarily reduces your AC by one pip, but doubles your odds of hearing anything. On the other hand... you are fortunate enough to have an Eriff along who is doubly handy for that...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 797

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs asks two of his men (with a torch) to stand guard in the hallway. If they hear or see anything at all suspicious, their orders are not to engage, but rather to come running and give the warning. His other four men are at their typical position in the marching order, ready in case of battle. Once the party has moved into the boat room, Boggs will inspect for tell-tale signs that any verminous creatures might be nesting inside the boat. Does he see any droppings, is the wood chewed up, does his nose detect urine or other odors, etc.
Last edited by mushgnome on Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software