(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 329

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin joins Boggs in the so-called nursery, and quietly investigates the sideboards.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16220

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Walfried and Mero advance a few more strides to the door whereupon Mero removes his helm once more to listen, and hearing naught, and seeing no light within, puts his shoulder to this second portal. Despite his crashing weight, the door holds fast against him.

Meanwhile, near the middle of the line, Boggs and Morin enter the ante, the latter ducking his head to pass within, for a look around... Boggs sidles across the room, all silent like, and has a listen at the opposite door... he catches a hint of what might be gruel coagulating in a pot. Meanwhile, Morin sees the side boards are about a foot wide, timber damaged by the damp and long disuse. There are no drawers; only the half-dozen or so old, faded and chipped, pots.
Listen 1d6=?; Force door 1d6=1.
Another listen check 1d6=?
A monster check 1d6=?

Okay folks, that was turn two.

Orders for turn three?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 210

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero makes a point of remembering to put his helmet back on between listening at a door and attempting to open it.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 16220

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Let's say he leaves the straps undone to save time..?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 188

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried shrugs, and advances the forty feet or so to the next turn, and peers around it.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 210

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero grits his teeth and gives the door another good few hits. Anything on the other side must know he's coming in, but that won't save them.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 816

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue May 16, 2017 3:03 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs whispers, "Morin, I caught a whiff of bubbling gruel, which, if I'm being totally pessimistic, could indicate an ogres' lair or witches' cauldron. Our friends are making too much noise in the hallway. We should come back later, organized, with our best fighters in formation. My advice is to back away, shut the door, use this ante room as a "buffer zone" and post two of my men to guard the door. What say you?"
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 329

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Tue May 16, 2017 3:30 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin, holding up a decrepit vase as if about to let it dash upon the floor, turns to listen to Boggs. He ponders the dwarf's report for a moment and then, delicately placing the vase back on the sideboard, nods his acquiescence. He quickly and quietly removes to the entrance and holds the door for the rat-catcher with a gracious sweep of his hand.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16220

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue May 16, 2017 8:53 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

'tis almost comical, the little dwarf "projectile whispering" up to the 6ft giant towering over him. None the less, communication is had...

Meanwhile, out in the passage Brother Walfried strides ahead some 30, 40 ish feet to peer around yet another left hand turn. In the darkness ahead he sees what is becoming a familiar sight: the passage continues on for 40 or so ft before turning left into pitch dark. About 20ft along this new passage, there is another door to the right.

Behind him, Mero gives the door a concerted shoulder barge and this time it caves to his pressure; he staggers one-step thru the burst door into a large, ill-lit, but cool and quiet space...
1d6=5
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 188

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue May 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried's meditations on the possibility of four left turns in a row are cut short when he hears the noise of Mero bursting through the stuck door. He hurries back along the passage as quick as he can to rejoin the fighting-man.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software