(084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

merias wrote:"Another door? Well let's see where it goes, shall we?" Orim says, fitting his helm.
"Right you are, Mr Orim," says Lemmi with a nod. "Lead on."
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:15 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron resumes his place in the marching order and follows along.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Is Orim trying the door?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Yes, Orim will advance with the others and first listen at the door, then try to open it if he hears nothing.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:51 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim the dwarf listens for any clue what might lie beyond this latest door, but hears nothing above the ubiquitous low moans and sighs of distant dungeon winds. Satisfied, he tries the door, but finds it is firmly wedged shut.
Listening check for Orim 1d6=? Door check for Orim 1d6=4.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim turns to face the group. "No luck today fer this Dwarf, someone else wanna give 'er a try?"
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried beckons for one or two others to help him, and puts his shoulder into the door.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero assists Brother Walfried.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero and Walfried coordinate their effort and simultaneously barge the door, causing it to burst inward with a clatter!

The two Men stagger into a great, octagonal-shaped chamber that must be almost 150ft across. The center portion of the ring is occupied by a diamond arrangement of a dozen soaring pillars that surround an impressive 40ft wide, diamond-shaped hole in the floor, and simultaneously support a vaulted ceiling that seems to go up and up out of sight. Four other doors are visible; the nearest being about 30ft around the right hand wall, the farthest being scarcely visible directly across the room. There is also an open arch about a-quarter of the way around the room to the right.

The room has a cooler feel and seems infiltrated by a dim, but perceptible, bluish light. After the clatter of bursting the door in, the following silence is suddenly ominous.
Door check 2d6=5,6.

1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

After regaining his footing, Brother Walfried takes a moment to appreciate the scope of this chamber.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.