(084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

After the general clatter and excitement winds down, Chiron gives the door his ear again... but once again, concludes there is naught to be divined.
1d6=?

So... who will bear the 20lb, grubby sack of silver? Please mark it upon the appropriate sheet.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero looks at the spilled silver with disdain, and vaguely gestures for the henchmen and thieves to take care of the mess as they see fit.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post by flightcommander » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:02 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin gestures to the henchmen, somewhat imperiously, that he shall bear the responsibility of carrying the sack of coins. He then turns his attention to the door ...
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried notes Morin's look of readiness, takes it for readiness to be forcing the door, and eagerly steps forward to assist in the endeavor, putting his mailed shoulder against the aged wood.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron steps away from the door, letting the burlier of the bunch put their muscles to the test.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The tall, chesty Morin hefts the sack of silver easily, to the mutters from the hirelings who apparently thought payday might have come early.

This done with, Brother Walfried shoulders the door firmly, forcing it outward amid a tumble of dust.

Beyond is a dim passageway of uneven stones running left and right. The route to the right turns abruptly left, around a corner. The route to the left proceeds some 30ft before ending in another door.
1d6=5!

Morin please accept a 20 lb load (500 sp) on your sheet.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Walfried motions for everyone to stay in the doorway, then takes a few cautious steps out & to the right, beckoning the torchbearing Boggsman to follow him, and takes a look around the left-turning corner.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:12 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Around the corner, Walfried espies a long passageway extending beyond his sight into darkness. About 30-40ft away, the right hand side wall appears to have collapsed outward, widening the passage considerably, and doubtless opening some or other darkened crawl-space into the rock...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Squinting down the passage into the darkness, Walfried decides he doesn't like the look of it. He stumps back to join the group, then thrusts his thumb in the direction of the door to their left.
"Let's try that first," he says softly to the next couple ranks, including Lemmi & Orim.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Another door? Well let's see where it goes, shall we?" Orim says, fitting his helm.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.