(083) Goblin Town


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Fri May 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

"To respect his security, I will not divulge my source, but I have established a means of entering the undercity. My party and I are to to descend to the barcellar one at a time, discretely, until we have assembled. At the end of the evening our contact will provide us further briefing. But come, we have time - I should like to finish my drink and rest my limbs for a while."
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 1153

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Chiron approaches the trio.

Begging your pardons, good sirs, but I understand you're planning an excursion to the catacombs. I am in league with some adventuring dwarves here, and the remnants of a mercenary group that's seen action against the illegal usurpers of Ket. Certainly, the inclusion of our group with yours would reduce the possible shares of treasure. Yet it would logically increase the likelihood of the mission's success, not to mention the likelihood of any of us living long enough to enjoy it. How about we join forces, so to speak?
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat May 06, 2017 3:11 am

Re: (083) Goblin Town

As the evening begins to grow old, the other patrons conclude their meals and business, and start to thin out; the prospects of the morrow's duties upon their minds... if this large group does not begin to likewise disperse, it will soon be obvious that they linger for some purpose...
Well met players! A sterling preamble indeed...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 338

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Sat May 06, 2017 6:13 am

Re: (083) Goblin Town

"Time is like a sword!" states Morin imperiously. He suggests the assembled company repairs to the cellar per the tavern keep's instructions.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Sat May 06, 2017 4:26 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

flightcommander wrote:"Time is like a sword!" states Morin imperiously. He suggests the assembled company repairs to the cellar per the tavern keep's instructions.

Mero nods assent, and leads by example. He follows the barkeeps instructions.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat May 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Orim waits for the right time and proceeds to the cellar.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 211

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sat May 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Checking once more to make sure he hasn't left anything important behind, Walfried chooses an opportune moment to slip downstairs.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1153

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sat May 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Chiron follows suit, waiting until there's a break to head downstairs.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 824

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sun May 07, 2017 1:37 am

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Boggs instructs his company: "Make your way downstairs, in ones and twos. Act casual, like you're looking for the privy." He will follow behind the last of his men.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16313

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 am

Re: (083) Goblin Town

Over the course of a half hour or so, the prospective company members depart the main tap room in ones and two; feigning various distractions and counter purposes. The back room is dark and unused except as access to the privy, so vanishing down the cellar stair from there is a matter of simply timing it right.

Boggs the Mouser, with his sharp night eyes, is last to make his way to the cellar, and is pretty sure none of the other patrons have paid any particular attention to the apparent dispersal of this newly formed "company"...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software