Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Out Of Character

danhem wrote:
I'm going offline now. Ulric will cast the Baleful Somnolence on the line of hobgoblin soldiers once things go south. His his Int and Wis should see him through as an NPC for a little while.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Out Of Character

eris wrote:
I thought the plan was for the party with the captives to get everyone's attention and then the flanking party would come charging in 'whooping and hollering' to take the Hob's by surprise. Are we waiting for the 'parley' to play out before we rush them?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Out Of Character

verhaden wrote:
Either way is fine with me, just so long as I don't end up a pincushion [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
eris wrote:'parley'
[img]images/smiley/lipssealed.png[/img] Fixed and noted.

Still, the definition of "parlay" is also quite intriguing:

"To maneuver (an asset) to great advantage
To exploit (one's talent) to achieve worldly success"

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Out Of Character

tombowings wrote:
That is interesting. I'll have to use that at some point.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:38 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
I thought the plan was to rush 'em from the side too, but the flanking party are playing it safe for now... besides, Mads is doing such an entertaining job of it! ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Out Of Character

verhaden wrote:
Been browsing around for forums as of late and came across the http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... 555&page=7Searchers of the Unknown thread.

I take it that we're effectively play-testing the rules you mentioned there?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Out Of Character

tombowings wrote:
From my correspondence with waysoftheearth, I would guess yes. But I think they are the 64 page rules rather than the 4-8 page versions. I could be wrong though.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Out Of Character

verhaden wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking the full D&D ~64 page work, as opposed to the SotU minimalist design ethos.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:44 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Yes and no... like most house-rules mine are largely "a work in progress". Some of my ideas have changed somewhat since I wrote up the SotU version -- mostly tending toward a more authentic D&D feel (at least, that is what I hope).

What we're playing here is the "latest" incarnation of my house rules.

The good news (for those that are interested) is that I'm only a few days away from being able to present something for general scrutiny.

If anyone here wants a look, I'll be very happy to send you a copy when it's ready. FYI it is currently 50 digest sized pages (un-illustrated), and I'm planning to fill it out to 64 with the illustrations (which I already have).

edit : spelling

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:09 am

Out Of Character

tombowings wrote:
Sure. I'd be up for looking to over.

You can reach me at

Return to “Hinterlands”