Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Out Of Character

I vote for option A.

Regarding option E, if you are looking for volunteers to DM, I have an idea for a one shot adventure I could run. It would be relatively light hearted and fun (no Carcosa this time).
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 pm

I am fine with A. I would love to get more time with Dorgan and some higher level adventures but I appreciate everyone's time is limited.

I am interested in DM'ing a game but I won't have any free time to do so in the next couple of months. Maybe down the line I'll revisit it.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by acodispo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Option a) is where my PC is at this time, so I vote for that. :-)

I'd be happy to roll up a second PC, too, if another thread gets going & needs more bodies.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Both my PCs seem to be in frozen zones. :( So I'd be apt to vote for something else over Option A, honestly.

What if we just pick up D and plop them all somewhere near... ummm... Oh, is it Kent? It's been a while since I've thought about the name of the town. Maybe they could have just found a secret entrance through the underground/sewers and are trying to gather intel or scout for Manfred? Sort of a skip-through-the-details-but-jump-forward sort of thing?

I just really hate the idea of having two characters basically abandoned at this point.

But I'll do whatever. If we drop all but A and you want some of us to roll up new PCs to join in that fun, I'll do it.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Eris » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:43 pm

I'll tell you what I was hoping was going to happen.

I was hoping that those of us in Eerie Decampment/Nite Arts threads were going to step through that portal and find ourselves under Ket where the Churchcroft Cellar folks are and the 2 (or 3) groups would bump into each other and join forces in fighting the Snorks of Ket.

Honestly, I had totally given up on those on the Red Planet.

Edit: I just noticed that if we did this we'd get all the players that have 'pinged' back together into one group.
I really do like this idea Ways.
:)

Eris
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm for any option that lets me run Zem or Wen... :)

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 am

Seems logical that the Churchcroft thread should go ahead more or less immediately. There are five active players in that thread, and four active players not in that thread.

Per Eris' suggestion I could simply "zap" the other four players right into the action and be done with it. This would be "convenient" from a meta perspective, and it's tempting. I'm kinda reluctant to abandon the mercenary-camp/counter-attack/elves plot line without a clearer outcome. On the other hand, there's no obvious winning pathway at hand. If anything, I foresee a long slog ahead if the players are to earn enough influence to reconcile bickering elves and men, and then reckon with the goblins. Still... perhaps we have "learned enough" of what is going on in the surrounds of Ket without playing out every nuance..?

One problem we have in the campaign is a lack of safe havens for the players. Ket is occupied; Dorgan's Abbey Fastness and the Elves of Haurelee (a.k.a. Southwatch) are invisible to the currently players; we might be stepping away from Manfred's Bastion; relations with the Elves of Un Amost have basically gone south. The only reliable haven the players currently have is a restricted Ket Underground scene. Although it's an appropriate inconvenience considering the game's direction, it isn't exactly "ideal" for positioning new players/characters.

So anyways. For now I'll restart the Churchcroft thread and meanwhile I'll follow up with Mushgnome and see where his offer might take us. Coffee, Eris, Ehiker, Mgtremaine; hang tight for now guys...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Coffee, Eris, Ehiker, Mgtremaine; I think these are the options:

1. Continue with Decampment/Nite Art threads in order to solve the mysterious circumstances therein... or
2. Dice up some newbies in the Ket underground/resistance, to potentially join Chiron etc. in the Churchcroft cellar. Or not...

What seems the better option? (if it's a tie, I'll dice for it).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:10 pm

I guess for me the deciding factor is that I'd rather not have to roll up a new character, not because my other two characters are dead but because they are in abandoned threads.

So I'd rather continue with Leudigar. But if everyone else involved wants to roll up new characters, I'll go ahead and do that.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm

That's tough, I'd prefer to keep running Zem as we just hit 2nd level. But I hate making more work for our illustrious DM. So honestly I'll do whatever.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”