Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 am

Out Of Character

coffee wrote:
tombowings wrote:I'd just to take like to applaud waysoftheearth for doing a great job with this game.
And I'd like to second that.

I haven't been participating as much as I'd have liked too, but I'm going to make it a greater priority from now on (now that holiday plans and travel and such are behind me and I can get back to life as normal...)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm glad you're enjoying it [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 am

Out Of Character

Harry wrote:
Apologies to DM and all in sundry, seems like I have spent more time at works than home the past week. Will try to catch-up tomorrow morning before we take off. Hope my stout leg is still up and running.

Cheers Harry

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 09, 2010 1:26 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
FYI -- TheMyth has written to say he will be offline for a few weeks, so in the meanwhile I will be running Anwyn as an NPC.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 09, 2010 1:39 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Heartless -- Crystin is currently encumbered. The bulkiest items she is carrying are;
  • The Abridged Tongues of the Underworld,
  • The Elysian Mecum,
  • Leather armour,
  • Winter blanket.
Dropping any one of the above, or any two of the following;
  • Supplies (food enough for 6 days),
  • Bundle of 12 iron spikes,
  • Spade,
  • Bundle of torches (5 remaining),
  • Mace,
  • Light mace.
Would solve her problem.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Out Of Character

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Heartless -- Crystin is currently encumbered. The bulkiest items she is carrying are;
  • The Abridged Tongues of the Underworld,
  • The Elysian Mecum,
  • Leather armour,
  • Winter blanket.
Dropping any one of the above, or any two of the following;
  • Supplies (food enough for 6 days),
  • Bundle of 12 iron spikes,
  • Spade,
  • Bundle of torches (5 remaining)
Would solve her problem.
Oh no I'm too encumbered to carry my basic starting stuff.
Well then I will plan to leave my winter blanket in the cell with the hole in it. Plus maybe off load my shovel and iron spikes.
Is my spell book and pray book a large burden for me to carry?
How can I calculate my encumbrance?
May I suggest adding the weights of goods to the "Price of Goods" thread. So I can buy the lighter options next time.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Heartless -- it isn't all that bad. You can carry all your stuff, but just not unencumbered.

I calculate encumbrance rather loosely.

Each item in that first list "weighs" approximately 1 stone. Each item in that second list "weighs" approximately 1/2 a stone. None of your other gear is bulky enough to contribute. You can carry 1/2 as many stone as your strength and remain unencumbered.

Yes, your two books are burdensome.

Just leaving your winter blanket behind will lighten your load sufficiently to be unencumbered once more.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Out Of Character

heartless wrote:
Hi waysoftheearth, can I clarify if we regain hit points if we sleep the night. I remember in AD&D that we did, it is so here?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:Hi waysoftheearth, can I clarify if we regain hit points if we sleep the night. I remember in AD&D that we did, it is so here?
A full night of comfortable (warm, fed, unarmoured) uninterrupted rest will recover a number of hit-points equal to the chance-in-6 for your character's constitution score. Otherwise, you will regain but 1 hit-point overnight.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Tombowings, Sir Rodrick Baerrik has passed into legend, but that doesn't mean you're out of the game!

You've been a great contributor, and I would love to keep you on as a player. You could take over Victor Mordschlag immediately, or you could roll up a new character -- perhaps another Knight of Rodrick's order, or something completely different...

Return to “Hinterlands”