Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by doctorx » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Re: Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
doctorx wrote:...I am reminded all too much of our expedition into the Gottfried crypt."
Holy crap, how do you remember all of these names??? I need to start taking some ginkoboloba or whatever that is. :?
Ah, the Gottfried crypt has a special place in our lady knight's memory... :(

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Okay folks, I've finally got around to bringing the Hinterlands house rules into line with reality.

The good news is it's now divided up into sections, and overall is quite a lot briefer than before :D

See the "new" house rules (which we've been playing for some months) documented here.

(There's a thread to ask Hinterlands-rules questions over there too).

The main thing to note, perhaps, is that as of now I'm switching from the Target20 method, to the coarse-grained OD&D-style attack matrix (see the Attack Matrix online here--the table takes a moment to load if you haven't already got the page open).

Note especially that normal-tier PCs now have a THAC2 of 17 (or 16 for fighters). Heroic-tier PCs now have a THAC2 of 15.

So overall I expect that combat will be marginally (normals are +1 pip on a d20 more likely to hit) more dangerous than it was previously. For both sides.

Enjoy ;)

p.s. The new hit point re-rolls due to constitution will come into play the next time I roll for your hit points. If you already have hit points, you will keep your existing roll until your next "proper rest" between adventures.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Olroda » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 am

The Hinterlands: 2014. Now with 5% more gruesome death! ;)

Like DoctorX, I haven´t been posting as much as I would like, but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy the campaign, and I´ll take a look at the new Hypertext rules a.s.a.p.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 am

Olroda wrote:The Hinterlands: 2014. Now with 5% more gruesome death! ;)

Like DoctorX, I haven´t been posting as much as I would like, but I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy the campaign, and I´ll take a look at the new Hypertext rules a.s.a.p.
Thanks Olroda, good to hear you're still enjoying the game... Beringar must be just about ready for 2nd level with all he's seen!

I suspect it's the heroic fighter types who will be piling on the extra hits; we'll see. But it certainly wouldn't hurt for everyone to upgrade to plate armour. Oh wait! The town has been overrun by goblins :shock:
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Olroda wrote:The Hinterlands: 2014. Now with 5% more gruesome death! ;)

Thanks Olroda, good to hear you're still enjoying the game... Beringar must be just about ready for 2nd level with all he's seen!

I suspect it's the heroic fighter types who will be piling on the extra hits; we'll see. But it certainly wouldn't hurt for everyone to upgrade to plate armour. Oh wait! The town has been overrun by goblins :shock:
Quick, before we stumble upon the mother load, everyone rush back to Ket!!!
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mistere29 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:57 pm

just touching base, do i need to join any threads yet?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 pm

mistere29 wrote:just touching base, do i need to join any threads yet?
Not yet Mistere29; I ideally want to get you started with a couple of other 1st level players--that might help improve your odds of survival somewhat ;) There are two other PCs "cooking" at the moment... once they're ready I'll get you started together.

Shouldn't be too long...

Post by Eris » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I just want to welcome all of the new players joining the game. Ways has made it a fun game, an exciting game, for us and I'm sure he'll make it just the same for y'all! Maybe your PC(s) will run into my PC someday soon. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by danhem » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Welcome to the new players and welcome back Heartless!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Mistere29, Condorcet, you are good to enter the game in thread 64.

Good luck!

Heartless, you will join them as soon as your PC is ready...

Return to “Hinterlands”