Page 1 of 67

(082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:18 am
by waysoftheearth
Having recovered sufficiently from the recent battle, the company of intrepid adventurers have determined to investigate the ominously dark passageway from whence the ambushing hags and their force of living dead did come. Tis a malevolent looking tunnel that does form from the main route into a loathsome blackness from which no sound nor distant echo does carry, nor no breath or movement of air does come. Tis almost as if the relative sanity of the goblin warrens ends here, and something else begins. Something different that troubles the mind, the body, and the soul equally. The black hole ahead does not beckon; nor does it have any need to repel intrusion. It squats there, indulgent in its abhorrence.

Who dares enter here?
Players brave enough to enter the dark tunnel, please sound off here!

I will ask that you supply a correct stat line in your sig before we proceed; I'll help you correct it before we get underway :geek:

If your PC is carrying a light source, please ensure that appears in your sig line too. You can use the "TL" tag (for Torch Light) to make your light source stand out :)

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:36 am
by Tonneau
Zax spends a few moments with tinder and gets a torch going "'bout time" he grunts and the group muster themselves into action.

"Eer, oo wants ta hold this," he asks, waving the lighted torch around with dubous caution, "if ima ta lead I want ma shield up."

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 am
by ehiker133
Leudigar, second in line, looks behind him to see if anyone else would take up the torch.

If we can fight side by side, I'll want to have my hands free. If the tunnel is too cramped for two, then I can still fight from the second rank with spear.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:18 am
by sully
The Herald takes the torch. Let's get this show on the road.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 am
by flightcommander
Akbar puffs his pipe and raises the arbalest to eye level; he's grinning and ready.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:16 am
by Tonneau
Zax hands the torch to the god-hugger with a nod, eyes the pointy end of Akbar's arablest with a some suspicion, then turns and heads down the dark tunnel.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 pm
by coffee
Karl will light up a torch as well and bring up the rear (unless anyone else will follow).

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 pm
by Eris
Freid stands and falls in with the others heading into the dark unknown.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 pm
by waysoftheearth
Zax leads the posse of six by the light cast from The Herald's and Karl's torches. Leudigar is right behind him. They creep into the dark passage for a 30 or so paces before Zax spies an open arch about a dozen paces ahead, and a dim chamber beyond...
Okay folks, I have taken the liberty of standardising your stat lines for my reading convenience.

Sully; I have put a torch in The Herald's hand. He'll be able to use it as a crude weapon, at risk of extinguishing it.

Coffee; I have also put a torch in Karl's hand. See above.

Flightcommander; please ensure Akbar's stat line is all correct (i.e., armor and hp).

Thanks team :)

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:44 pm
by waysoftheearth
For marching order I have:

Zax,
Leudigar,
?The Herald?
?Fried?
?Akbar?
Karl