Page 60 of 67

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm
by ehiker133
Leudigar leads the group in a northwesterly direction, headed towards the relative safety of green hills.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm
by Eris
Freid follows, keeping an eye on the rear as he does.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 pm
by mgtremaine
Zem plods along with the others happy to have escaped. "Those goblins can see as well as dwarves at night so we must be careful"

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 pm
by waysoftheearth
Leudigar leads the weary company down the western face of the crater, and into the tablelands below. It is slow going thru difficult terrain and burdened by heavy packs, but the ranger puts half a dozen miles behind them before he lets his fellows stop to rest.

By this time it is full dusk, and everyone is foot sore, and dog tired. There has been no sign nor sound of any pursuit, and everyone is stumbling for a break.
So, we now move to wilderness exploration turns...

The company makes a one hex move.
Night is coming next. Everyone needs to rest some, but the goblin base is only a few miles gone.

What will you do next?

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm
by Eris
"If we eat and rest now for a few hours, maybe we'll be able to get moving again." Freid says, "It will be slower going at night, but I'd like to get more distance between the crater and us."

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am
by mgtremaine
Zem looks off towards the goblin caves. "We best rest now and hide ourselves as best we can. With all this treasure we can't outrun them if they decide to chase us. Our best bet is to be unseen."

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 am
by ehiker133
Leudigar agrees with Zem, "if we don't rest enough now, we'll be knackered until we do. We'll be slower and more likely to make mistakes. I say we rest til morning and then make a bee line back to the camp.

Once they find a secure place to hole up for the night, Leudigar retraced their steps and erases evidence of their passing as best he can with the time available.

He offers to take first watch.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm
by coffee
"Yeah, it's best to stay put at night," Karl says. "The goblins could well lay an ambush for us and we'd never see it.

"I'll take second watch."

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm
by mgtremaine
Zem will take third watch.

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm
by Eris
Freid sighs, "I'll bow to the majority. I'll take first watch."